An Arizona-based Thoroughbred owner has sued trainer Richard Mandella and owner B. Wayne Hughes after claiming a horse from them that had undergone heel nerving surgery.
A. P. Warrior, who may have finally found a home on the turf, shoots for successive graded stakes victory Saturday when facing five rival 3-year-olds in the $150,000 Oak Tree Derby (gr. IIT) over 1 1/8 miles at Santa Anita.
Bob and John, winner of the Sham Stakes (gr. III) six weeks ago, is one of three entries from trainer Bob Baffert in the $250,000 San Felipe Stakes (gr. II) for 3-year-olds Saturday at Santa Anita Park.
Most Popular Stories
- California Chrome Powerful Late in BC Drill
- Kentucky Derby Winner Monarchos Passes
- Winx Easily Wins Second Straight Cox Plate
- China Horse Club Buys into California Chrome
- WinStar Farm Sets 2017 Stud Fees
- Nobiz Like Shobiz Settling in at Old Friends
- Champion Tepin Works at Churchill Downs
- Frosted Confirmed for Breeders' Cup Classic
- Stellar Wind Works in Company for Distaff
- Beholder Blazes in Breeders' Cup Drill