An Arizona-based Thoroughbred owner has sued trainer Richard Mandella and owner B. Wayne Hughes after claiming a horse from them that had undergone heel nerving surgery.
A. P. Warrior, who may have finally found a home on the turf, shoots for successive graded stakes victory Saturday when facing five rival 3-year-olds in the $150,000 Oak Tree Derby (gr. IIT) over 1 1/8 miles at Santa Anita.
Bob and John, winner of the Sham Stakes (gr. III) six weeks ago, is one of three entries from trainer Bob Baffert in the $250,000 San Felipe Stakes (gr. II) for 3-year-olds Saturday at Santa Anita Park.
Most Popular Stories
- Final Call for Taylors of Seattle Slew Fame
- Catastrophic Equine Injuries' Impact on Jockey Injuries
- 'Chrome' Set for San Antonio, Bayern Doubtful
- 74-Year-Old Horseplayer Wins 2015 NHC Title
- Flashy Debut for Royal Delta Half Brother
- Desormeaux Sets Derby Path for Texas Red
- Sportive Overcomes Fog to Win Portland Mile
- Wildcat Red Sidelined with Back Muscle Pull
- Options Abound for Holy Bull Winner Upstart
- Bob Neumeier Wins Celebrity Challenge at NHC