An Arizona-based Thoroughbred owner has sued trainer Richard Mandella and owner B. Wayne Hughes after claiming a horse from them that had undergone heel nerving surgery.
A. P. Warrior, who may have finally found a home on the turf, shoots for successive graded stakes victory Saturday when facing five rival 3-year-olds in the $150,000 Oak Tree Derby (gr. IIT) over 1 1/8 miles at Santa Anita.
Bob and John, winner of the Sham Stakes (gr. III) six weeks ago, is one of three entries from trainer Bob Baffert in the $250,000 San Felipe Stakes (gr. II) for 3-year-olds Saturday at Santa Anita Park.
Most Popular Stories
- Mucho Macho Man to Race in 2014
- Ramseys Ready for Claiming Crown
- Jara's Sister to Make Panama Riding Debut
- Rosalind Heads Hollywood Starlet
- Erskine Says Juddmonte Group Not for Sale
- Butler Gets Five-Year Suspension
- And They're Off: Hollywood Park Farewell
- Trainer Harvey Vanier Dies at Age 89
- Gains Continue on Third Day at Tattersalls
- Draws Doom U.S. Hopes in HK Jockey Challenge