An Arizona-based Thoroughbred owner has sued trainer Richard Mandella and owner B. Wayne Hughes after claiming a horse from them that had undergone heel nerving surgery.
A. P. Warrior, who may have finally found a home on the turf, shoots for successive graded stakes victory Saturday when facing five rival 3-year-olds in the $150,000 Oak Tree Derby (gr. IIT) over 1 1/8 miles at Santa Anita.
Bob and John, winner of the Sham Stakes (gr. III) six weeks ago, is one of three entries from trainer Bob Baffert in the $250,000 San Felipe Stakes (gr. II) for 3-year-olds Saturday at Santa Anita Park.
Most Popular Stories
- Alert Bay Repeats in San Francisco Mile
- Battalion Runner, Malagacy to Bypass Kentucky Derby
- Thunder Snow Confirmed for Kentucky Derby
- Fast Work Provides Relief for Girvin's Connections
- Trust in Tammy: Fox Taught J Boys Echo His Lessons Well
- Gormley Puts in Unconventional Final Derby Work
- War Correspondent Responds in Miami Mile
- McErin, Five Fillies Take on Kentucky Juvenile Stakes
- Farhaan Makes the Grade in Thunder Road
- Official Veterinary Team From China Visits Kentucky