Lilacs and Lace, who won the $400,000 Central Bank Ashland Stakes (gr. I) at Keeneland April 9, gained a sibling just hours later when her dam delivered her full sister.
Lightly-regarded Lilacs and Lace shocked many in the crowd of 23,155 racing fans who turned out to watch the $400,000 Central Bank Ashland Stakes (gr. I) at Keeneland April 9.
Lilacs and Lace, under a vigorous ride by Russell Baze, collared front-running Cathy's Crunches past the 16th pole and drew off to a 1 1/2-length victory in the $92,000 California Oaks at Golden Gate Fields Jan. 1.
Most Popular Stories
- China Horse Club Buys into California Chrome
- Nobiz Like Shobiz Settling in at Old Friends
- Stellar Wind Works in Company for Distaff
- Frosted Confirmed for Breeders' Cup Classic
- Quidura Reigns for Motion in Valley View
- Report: Dips in Stallion, Mares-Bred Numbers
- Beholder Blazes in Breeders' Cup Drill
- 'Stubborn' Runhappy Works a Mile at Keeneland
- Mr. Nightlinger Moved to Mighty Acres
- Court Rules Borells Have No Claim on Horses