Lilacs and Lace, who won the $400,000 Central Bank Ashland Stakes (gr. I) at Keeneland April 9, gained a sibling just hours later when her dam delivered her full sister.
Lightly-regarded Lilacs and Lace shocked many in the crowd of 23,155 racing fans who turned out to watch the $400,000 Central Bank Ashland Stakes (gr. I) at Keeneland April 9.
Lilacs and Lace, under a vigorous ride by Russell Baze, collared front-running Cathy's Crunches past the 16th pole and drew off to a 1 1/2-length victory in the $92,000 California Oaks at Golden Gate Fields Jan. 1.
Most Popular Stories
- Field of 22 Set for 142nd Kentucky Derby
- Fresh Horses Plentiful in 2016 Kentucky Derby
- Ramseys Go It Alone with Oscar Nominated
- Nyquist Jogs, Schools at Churchill Downs
- Rachel's Valentina 7-2 Oaks Favorite
- Relaxed Debuts Helped Brody's Cause, Creator
- Adversaries Unite at Trainers' Dinner
- Steve Haskin's Derby Dozen - May 3, 2016
- NBC Sports Group Sets Derby Week Coverage
- Zenyatta Bred to Medaglia d'Oro