Lilacs and Lace, who won the $400,000 Central Bank Ashland Stakes (gr. I) at Keeneland April 9, gained a sibling just hours later when her dam delivered her full sister.
Lightly-regarded Lilacs and Lace shocked many in the crowd of 23,155 racing fans who turned out to watch the $400,000 Central Bank Ashland Stakes (gr. I) at Keeneland April 9.
Lilacs and Lace, under a vigorous ride by Russell Baze, collared front-running Cathy's Crunches past the 16th pole and drew off to a 1 1/2-length victory in the $92,000 California Oaks at Golden Gate Fields Jan. 1.
Most Popular Stories
- Churchill Proposes Derby Bet on Winning Sire
- Lord Nelson Could Rule Kentucky Jockey Club
- Sageburg Will Stand in Ireland in 2015
- Maryland Jockey Club Focus on Daily Product
- Secret Circle, Itsmyluckyday in Cigar Mile
- Romans Likes Added Distance for Remsen Pair
- Derby Winners Have Enjoyed Turf Success
- Increases on Day 1 of Tattersalls Foal Sale
- Tampa Bay 2014-15 Meet Kicks Off Nov. 29
- First Winner for Hostile Takeover