Lilacs and Lace, who won the $400,000 Central Bank Ashland Stakes (gr. I) at Keeneland April 9, gained a sibling just hours later when her dam delivered her full sister.
Lightly-regarded Lilacs and Lace shocked many in the crowd of 23,155 racing fans who turned out to watch the $400,000 Central Bank Ashland Stakes (gr. I) at Keeneland April 9.
Lilacs and Lace, under a vigorous ride by Russell Baze, collared front-running Cathy's Crunches past the 16th pole and drew off to a 1 1/2-length victory in the $92,000 California Oaks at Golden Gate Fields Jan. 1.
Most Popular Stories
- California Chrome Adjusting to Newmarket
- Ranking the Kentucky Derby Workouts
- American Pharoah Tops NTRA Poll
- Baffert May Not Enter Filly in Kentucky Oaks
- Weir, Lipinski on NBC Social Media for Derby
- Churchill Releases First Quarter Earnings
- NJ Casino Simulcast Bill Signed Into Law
- Dortmund to Track, Other Derby Horses Arrive
- Lenny's Place: Kentucky Derby Edition
- Upstart Breeder Out of Hospital, CD Bound