Irish stayer Yeats, trained by Aidan O'Brien and ridden by Kieren Fallon, won the Gold Cup (Eng-I) at Royal Ascot Thursday.
Alcazar defied the calendar on Sunday and became only the second 10-year-old to win a group I race in Europe, defeating his younger rivals when winning the Prix Royal-Oak (Fr-I) at Longchamp.
Kinnaird defied her 69-1 odds and the fact that she had not won a race in two years to post a major shocker in the Prix de l'Opera Casino Barriere d'Enghien (Fr-I).
Arc winner Bago became a group I winner for the third consecutive year when he burst through a hole near the rail with a furlong left to win the Prix Ganay (Fr-I) at Longchamp on Sunday.
Most Popular Stories
- Final Call for Taylors of Seattle Slew Fame
- NY Investigation of Asmussen Case Completed
- Main Sequence Works at Palm Meadows
- NYRA Unveils 10-Race Claiming Series
- New York Sanctions Mott for Drug Overages
- Racing Investigators to Meet in NJ in March
- National HBPA Sets Convention Agenda
- 'Chrome' Set for San Antonio, Bayern Doubtful
- NZ Premier Sale Off to Solid Start at Karaka
- TCA to Present Awards of Merit