Hall of Fame jockey Laffit Pincay Jr. was awarded a $2.7-million verdict in a civil case against the ambulance company that was charged with treating him after the rider suffered broken bones in his neck in a 2003 riding accident at Santa Anita Park, according to Pincay's attorney, Neil Papiano.
Most Popular Stories
- Baffert: Dortmund is 'Figuring it Out'
- McCarron Named New Trainer at Merryland Farm
- Unlocking Winners: The Return of Daredevil
- Churchill Weighs In on Its Racing Operations
- Horton Considers Rebel for Take Charge Brandi
- North Dakota May Owe Bankrupt ADW Millions
- Bill Would Allow Dealers at Indiana Racinos
- First Foal for Nephrite is Filly
- Local Time Continues Meydan Dominance
- Greyhound 'Cessation' Bill Sends a Warning