Hall of Fame jockey Laffit Pincay Jr. was awarded a $2.7-million verdict in a civil case against the ambulance company that was charged with treating him after the rider suffered broken bones in his neck in a 2003 riding accident at Santa Anita Park, according to Pincay's attorney, Neil Papiano.
Most Popular Stories
- Exaggerator to Rest at WinStar
- Hill Specialist Ambitious Brew Takes Eddie D.
- Postponed Clear Favorite in Arc de Triomphe
- California Chrome Draws Rail in Awesome Again
- Champion Hidden Lake Dies at 23
- Charlton’s Abbotts Retiring on Own Terms
- Tepin Works Half-Mile at Saratoga
- Suffolk Downs Applies for Six 2017 Race Dates
- NYRA Sanctioned for Aqueduct Water Pollution
- New Santa Anita Turf Course Passes First Test