That man Rogie (trainer Graeme Rogerson) has done it again. He never seems far from the headlines at Magic Millions time and when his hunky gray colt by Redoute's Choice--Skating won the $1 million Magic Millions 2-Year-Old Classic over 1,200 meters, he was surrounded by media yet again.
In what appears to be a devastating blow to Arrowfield Stud, its young sire Platinum Scissors (Danehill -- Shantha's Choice) at this point in time appears to be having fertility problems.
During another weekend when Danehill posthumously expanded his list of grade/group I winning offspring -- with Juddmonte Farm's Light Jig in the Yellow Ribbon and Susan Magnier's Oratorio in the Prix Jean-Luc Lagardere -- a trio of his sons, Redoute's Choice, Desert King and Danewin produced group I winners in Sydney Oct 2.
The incredible wave of buying interest that has swept the globe continued at Inglis' weanling sale in Sydney Sunday.
Fashion has been the bane of men for years. Take Monday's Inglis Classic Sale in Sydney, Australia as the purest of examples.
William Inglis & Son's classic yearling sale got off to a strong start Sunday in Australia, with a record price of Aus$220,000 for a Redoute's Choice colt purchased by trainer Bart Cummings.
A filly by Redoute's Choice brought Aus$110,000 Monday to top the Magic Millions national weanling sale, which recorded its highest-ever gross revenue of Aus$2,025,450.
Most Popular Stories
- Onlyforyou Euthanized After Training Accident
- Dissident, Appearance Win at Royal Randwick
- Trainer Chuck Treece Collects 1,000th Win
- Cairo Prince Leads Florida Derby Worktab
- Apprentice Boulanger Guides in First Winner
- Lexington Tracks Eye Instant Racing Licenses
- WV Racing, Breeding Take 10% Revenue Hit
- Arkansas Derby Preview Day Preview Blog
- Bath Time for Hoppertunity
- Strong Mandate Brings Lukas Back for More