A public-private partnership could lead to redevelopment of Atlantic City Race Course but would include upgrades to the circa-1946 facility and continuation--if not expansion--of live racing at the New Jersey track.
Lisa Hancock, managing director of Newmarket Racecourses in England, unveiled a £10-million redevelopment of the historic July Course June 11, which involved extending the area for racegoers at the back of stands and improving facilities without hopefully changing the unique ambience.
The Solano County Fair Association will begin exclusive negotiations with Mills Corp. to redevelop the Vallejo, Calif., fairgrounds. It would eventually spell the end of more than 50 years of live racing at the San Francisco Bay-area facility.
Most Popular Stories
- Top Mare Nastique Dies at 29
- Panelists to Horse Racing: Spin Isn't In
- St Nicholas Abbey Progresses in Recovery
- Giving 'L' Legitimacy - Eric Mitchell
- BloodHorse.com New Navigation Tour
- Racing is Ripe for More Advanced Statistics
- NYRA Chief Discusses Aspects of Growth Plan
- Castellano Closing on Season Earnings Record
- Suffolk Casino Project to be Put to New Vote
- Slideshow: Royal Delta