A public-private partnership could lead to redevelopment of Atlantic City Race Course but would include upgrades to the circa-1946 facility and continuation--if not expansion--of live racing at the New Jersey track.
- By Mark Popham
Lisa Hancock, managing director of Newmarket Racecourses in England, unveiled a £10-million redevelopment of the historic July Course June 11, which involved extending the area for racegoers at the back of stands and improving facilities without hopefully changing the unique ambience.
- By Jack Shinar
The Solano County Fair Association will begin exclusive negotiations with Mills Corp. to redevelop the Vallejo, Calif., fairgrounds. It would eventually spell the end of more than 50 years of live racing at the San Francisco Bay-area facility.
Most Popular Stories
- White-Headed Foal Named Southern Phantom
- Relief Comes to Abandoned Horses in Kentucky
- Kentucky Neglect Case Under Investigation
- Six Neglected Horses Cleared to Leave Farm
- Gaudet, Amoss to Join Saratoga Live Team
- Fewer Fatalities Tied to Risk-Factor Changes
- Bramlage: Decreased Use of Depo-Medrol a Plus
- A New Brand of Hero
- Mo Tom Clear Winner in Ohio Derby
- Tampa Bay Downs Ready for Summer Festival