A public-private partnership could lead to redevelopment of Atlantic City Race Course but would include upgrades to the circa-1946 facility and continuation--if not expansion--of live racing at the New Jersey track.
Lisa Hancock, managing director of Newmarket Racecourses in England, unveiled a £10-million redevelopment of the historic July Course June 11, which involved extending the area for racegoers at the back of stands and improving facilities without hopefully changing the unique ambience.
The Solano County Fair Association will begin exclusive negotiations with Mills Corp. to redevelop the Vallejo, Calif., fairgrounds. It would eventually spell the end of more than 50 years of live racing at the San Francisco Bay-area facility.
Most Popular Stories
- Materiality, Frosted Drill Toward Belmont
- American Pharoah Schools, Back to Galloping
- Breeders' Cup Fantasy Game Returns for 2015
- Zenyatta in Foal to War Front Again
- Company Tied to NYRA Chair Named in Case
- Treve Terrific in Corrida Romp at Saint-Cloud
- Pedigree Analysis: Lovely Maria
- Amanpour Brings $1.5M on Final MM Select Day
- Carpe Diem, Madefromlucky Work in Company
- Bill Puts USADA in Charge of Drug Testing