A public-private partnership could lead to redevelopment of Atlantic City Race Course but would include upgrades to the circa-1946 facility and continuation--if not expansion--of live racing at the New Jersey track.
Lisa Hancock, managing director of Newmarket Racecourses in England, unveiled a £10-million redevelopment of the historic July Course June 11, which involved extending the area for racegoers at the back of stands and improving facilities without hopefully changing the unique ambience.
The Solano County Fair Association will begin exclusive negotiations with Mills Corp. to redevelop the Vallejo, Calif., fairgrounds. It would eventually spell the end of more than 50 years of live racing at the San Francisco Bay-area facility.
Most Popular Stories
- Cairo Prince Leads Florida Derby Worktab
- Lexington Tracks Eye Instant Racing Licenses
- WV Racing, Breeding Take 10% Revenue Hit
- Apprentice Boulanger Guides in First Winner
- Arkansas Derby Preview Day Preview Blog
- Strong Mandate Brings Lukas Back for More
- Bath Time for Hoppertunity
- Relieving Laminitis Pain in the Field
- TimeformUS Saturday Plays
- Racing Voices: The Fastest Horse in the World