A public-private partnership could lead to redevelopment of Atlantic City Race Course but would include upgrades to the circa-1946 facility and continuation--if not expansion--of live racing at the New Jersey track.
Lisa Hancock, managing director of Newmarket Racecourses in England, unveiled a £10-million redevelopment of the historic July Course June 11, which involved extending the area for racegoers at the back of stands and improving facilities without hopefully changing the unique ambience.
The Solano County Fair Association will begin exclusive negotiations with Mills Corp. to redevelop the Vallejo, Calif., fairgrounds. It would eventually spell the end of more than 50 years of live racing at the San Francisco Bay-area facility.
Most Popular Stories
- Game On Dude, Won Three Big 'Caps, Retired
- Sherman Says 'Chrome' Looks as Good as Ever
- Filly First Winner for Line of David
- California Chrome Draws Rail in PA Derby
- Deadline Nears for OBS Racing Age Section
- Two Dates Added to Upcoming Santa Anita Meet
- Rocketts Mill Farm Founder Stevens Dead at 82
- Pedigree Analysis: Inbreeding Trends
- Slideshow: Game On Dude
- Muhtafal Retired from Stud in South Africa