A barn fire that killed nine horses at McKathan Farms near Reddick, Fla., April 1, was ruled an accident, according to a story on the Ocala Star-Banner newspaper's website (www.ocala.com) April 2.
Nine horses died April 1 in a barn fire at McKathan Farm and Training Center near Reddick, Fla., according to a story on the Ocala Star-Banner newspaper's website (www.ocala.com).
Stakes-placed Conscience Clear will be relocated for the 2004 breeding season to Martin Stables South near Reddick, Fla. He will stand for $2,500.
Stakes winner David, who was retired from racing earlier this month, will set up stud duty for the 2001 season at DunHill Stud near Reddick, Fla. His fee will be $3,000 payable 35 days after the foal's birth.
Most Popular Stories
- Queen's Horse Tests Positive for Morphine
- Prominent Owner Borislow Dies at Age 52
- Tonalist Begins Push For Eclipse Award
- Jerkens Aims for 'Wicked Strong' Saratoga
- NY Tracks Awarded Extended VLT Hours
- Haskin: No More 'What Ifs' With Wise Dan
- War Chant to Remain at Yarradale in Australia
- A Timeline For Synthetic Racing Surfaces
- Adena Springs' Roberts Returns to Training
- NY Legislature Extends 2% Share for Horsemen