A barn fire that killed nine horses at McKathan Farms near Reddick, Fla., April 1, was ruled an accident, according to a story on the Ocala Star-Banner newspaper's website (www.ocala.com) April 2.
Nine horses died April 1 in a barn fire at McKathan Farm and Training Center near Reddick, Fla., according to a story on the Ocala Star-Banner newspaper's website (www.ocala.com).
Stakes-placed Conscience Clear will be relocated for the 2004 breeding season to Martin Stables South near Reddick, Fla. He will stand for $2,500.
Stakes winner David, who was retired from racing earlier this month, will set up stud duty for the 2001 season at DunHill Stud near Reddick, Fla. His fee will be $3,000 payable 35 days after the foal's birth.
Most Popular Stories
- Broken Pelvis Cause of Charismatic's Death
- Horse of the Year Charismatic Dies
- Gun Runner Rolls to Razorback Handicap Victory
- One Liner Laughs Last in Southwest Stakes Victory
- Classic Empire Out of Fountain of Youth
- Lucky Pulpit, Sire of 'Chrome', Dies of a Heart Attack
- Grade 1 Winner Gormley Works Toward Next Start
- Consignors Bullish on Fasig-Tipton Gulfstream Sale
- Zakaroff 48-1 Stunner in El Camino Real Derby
- Epicharis Earns Japan's Kentucky Derby Bid