A barn fire that killed nine horses at McKathan Farms near Reddick, Fla., April 1, was ruled an accident, according to a story on the Ocala Star-Banner newspaper's website (www.ocala.com) April 2.
Nine horses died April 1 in a barn fire at McKathan Farm and Training Center near Reddick, Fla., according to a story on the Ocala Star-Banner newspaper's website (www.ocala.com).
Stakes-placed Conscience Clear will be relocated for the 2004 breeding season to Martin Stables South near Reddick, Fla. He will stand for $2,500.
Stakes winner David, who was retired from racing earlier this month, will set up stud duty for the 2001 season at DunHill Stud near Reddick, Fla. His fee will be $3,000 payable 35 days after the foal's birth.
Most Popular Stories
- Destin Work is 'Stamina Builder' for Belmont
- Governor Malibu Has Strong Work for Belmont
- Velasquez to Ride Full-Time at Gulfstream
- Nyquist Out of Belmont Stakes with Fever
- Nyquist Spikes Fever; Did Not Ship to Belmont
- Beholder Fires Bullet, Ready to Rumble
- Derby Runner-Up Commanding Curve Retired
- Suddenbreakingnews Works, Bound for Belmont
- Industry Teams to Help Parkinson's Research
- FPD Begins Distribution of Liberty Cu Nails