Dual grade I winner Thorn Song was represented by his first foal at John Harris' farm near Coalinga, Calif., on March 5.
Millionaire Bold Chieftain scored the first graded stakes win of his 36-race career when he collared pacesetter Monterey Jazz in the $150,000 San Francisco Mile (gr. IIT) April 24 at Golden Gate Fields.
Bold Chieftain, a 16-time winner of more than $1.4 million, is on one of the best form cycles of his six-year career as he prepares to race in the $150,000 San Francisco Mile Stakes (gr. IIT) at Golden Gate Fields April 24.
Tuscan Evening, brilliant winner of eight of 12 starts since transferring to the United States last year, squares off against males for the first time in the $250,000 Frank E. Kilroe Mile (gr. IT) at Santa Anita Park March 6.
Among the horses preparing for the Nov. 23 and 24 grade I races in Japan are Abreeze, Indigenous, Red Sun, and Storming Home, who are already in Japan.
Most Popular Stories
- F-T October Sale Gains Across Board at Opener
- KY Necropsy Program Disproves 'Bad Step' Myth
- Sweet Reason Set for BC Filly and Mare Sprint
- Rockingham Park Selling Most of Stable Area
- Claimer Seeking the Sherif Reaches BC Sprint
- Two-Time Champion Beholder Out of BC Distaff
- Jockeys' Guild, RTCA Set Up Saez Family Fund
- F-T October Yearling Sale Recap Day 1
- Bullet Move for Likely BC Juvenile Favorite
- U.S. Juvenile Turf Fillies Await Euro Attack