Dual grade I winner Thorn Song was represented by his first foal at John Harris' farm near Coalinga, Calif., on March 5.
Millionaire Bold Chieftain scored the first graded stakes win of his 36-race career when he collared pacesetter Monterey Jazz in the $150,000 San Francisco Mile (gr. IIT) April 24 at Golden Gate Fields.
Bold Chieftain, a 16-time winner of more than $1.4 million, is on one of the best form cycles of his six-year career as he prepares to race in the $150,000 San Francisco Mile Stakes (gr. IIT) at Golden Gate Fields April 24.
Tuscan Evening, brilliant winner of eight of 12 starts since transferring to the United States last year, squares off against males for the first time in the $250,000 Frank E. Kilroe Mile (gr. IT) at Santa Anita Park March 6.
Among the horses preparing for the Nov. 23 and 24 grade I races in Japan are Abreeze, Indigenous, Red Sun, and Storming Home, who are already in Japan.
Most Popular Stories
- Horse of the Year Charismatic Dies
- Classic Empire Out of Fountain of Youth
- Epicharis Earns Japan's Kentucky Derby Bid
- Zakaroff 48-1 Stunner in El Camino Real Derby
- Lucky Pulpit, Sire of 'Chrome', Dies of a Heart Attack
- Mo Town Set for 3-Year-Old Debut in Risen Star
- Gold Dream Punches Ticket to BC Classic
- Royal Delta Half Brother Scores on Gulfstream Turf
- Terra Promessa Goes Gate to Wire in Bayakoa
- Cuddle Alert Gives Sire Bedford Falls First Stakes Win