Dual grade I winner Thorn Song was represented by his first foal at John Harris' farm near Coalinga, Calif., on March 5.
Millionaire Bold Chieftain scored the first graded stakes win of his 36-race career when he collared pacesetter Monterey Jazz in the $150,000 San Francisco Mile (gr. IIT) April 24 at Golden Gate Fields.
Bold Chieftain, a 16-time winner of more than $1.4 million, is on one of the best form cycles of his six-year career as he prepares to race in the $150,000 San Francisco Mile Stakes (gr. IIT) at Golden Gate Fields April 24.
Tuscan Evening, brilliant winner of eight of 12 starts since transferring to the United States last year, squares off against males for the first time in the $250,000 Frank E. Kilroe Mile (gr. IT) at Santa Anita Park March 6.
Among the horses preparing for the Nov. 23 and 24 grade I races in Japan are Abreeze, Indigenous, Red Sun, and Storming Home, who are already in Japan.
Most Popular Stories
- Irap Gets Best of Girvin in Ohio Derby
- California Sire Benchmark Dead at 26
- 'Hermaphrodite' Reported Before Race at Santa Anita
- Battle of Midway Cruises to Affirmed Victory
- Collected Dominant Again in Precisionist Stakes
- Brothers in Arms: Idaho Takes Hardwicke Stakes
- Stormin Fever Euthanized at 23
- Mind Your Biscuits Emerges Well From Bullet Work
- Finley'sluckycharm Makes it Three in a Row in Chicago
- Undefeated Caravaggio Shines in Commonwealth Cup