With the 2014 Grand National Steeplechase on April 5, we're taking a look back at some of the very best world records from this prestigious and historic sporting event. view infographic
Aintree Racecourse in England has commissioned a bronze portrait bust of the four-time Grand National winning trainer, Donald "Ginger" McCain, who died at the age of 80 last September.
Ballabriggs won the grueling Grand National Steeplechase in England April 9, finishing ahead of fellow 14-1 shot Oscar Time.
Great Britain's Aintree Racecourse announced Dec. 29 that for the second consecutive year, the purse for the John Smith's Grand National has increased by £100,000 to total £900,000 when the 4 1/2 mile steeplechase is contested April 4, 2009.
Most Popular Stories
- Final Breeders' Cup Board Seats Filled
- Harris, Frazier Lead 2014 Washingon HOF Class
- OBS Fall Sale to Include Horses of Racing Age
- Filly Taghrooda Takes Aim at Ascot History
- Art Sherman to Receive Laffit Pincay Award
- Equineline 'Pedigree Binder' Now Available
- Wednesday at Saratoga
- Queen's Horse Tests Positive for Morphine
- Global Gaming Almanac Set for July 28 Release
- TOBA Schedules Events in Saratoga Springs