With the 2014 Grand National Steeplechase on April 5, we're taking a look back at some of the very best world records from this prestigious and historic sporting event. view infographic
Aintree Racecourse in England has commissioned a bronze portrait bust of the four-time Grand National winning trainer, Donald "Ginger" McCain, who died at the age of 80 last September.
Ballabriggs won the grueling Grand National Steeplechase in England April 9, finishing ahead of fellow 14-1 shot Oscar Time.
Great Britain's Aintree Racecourse announced Dec. 29 that for the second consecutive year, the purse for the John Smith's Grand National has increased by £100,000 to total £900,000 when the 4 1/2 mile steeplechase is contested April 4, 2009.
Most Popular Stories
- Study: EIPH Does Not Shorten Racing Careers
- Palace Malice Hoping to Continue His Roll
- Social Inclusion to Move to Chad Brown
- Montana Jockey Seriously Injured in Spill
- Kingman, Toronado Set for Sussex Clash
- 793 Cataloged for Tattersalls Ireland Sale
- Equibase Announces Redesigned Website
- Shadwell Turf Mile to Offer $1 Million Purse
- Ashford's Shanghai Bobby to Shuttle to Brazil
- RCI to Consider Horses-in-Training Rules