With the 2014 Grand National Steeplechase on April 5, we're taking a look back at some of the very best world records from this prestigious and historic sporting event. view infographic
Aintree Racecourse in England has commissioned a bronze portrait bust of the four-time Grand National winning trainer, Donald "Ginger" McCain, who died at the age of 80 last September.
Ballabriggs won the grueling Grand National Steeplechase in England April 9, finishing ahead of fellow 14-1 shot Oscar Time.
Great Britain's Aintree Racecourse announced Dec. 29 that for the second consecutive year, the purse for the John Smith's Grand National has increased by £100,000 to total £900,000 when the 4 1/2 mile steeplechase is contested April 4, 2009.
Most Popular Stories
- Tepin Refuses to Work March 27 at Palm Meadows
- Skychai Racing Purchases Interest in Fast and Accurate
- Arrogate Last to First in Dubai World Cup
- McCraken Stretches Out in Keeneland Work
- Hence Springs Upset in Sunland Derby
- Dortmund Back to Dirt in Next Start
- Honorable Duty Aims to Continue Fair Grounds Roll
- Animo de Valeroso to Stand at Duncan Farms
- Girvin Heads Louisiana Derby Field
- Undefeated Ghalia Takes Sunland Park Oaks