With the 2014 Grand National Steeplechase on April 5, we're taking a look back at some of the very best world records from this prestigious and historic sporting event. view infographic
Aintree Racecourse in England has commissioned a bronze portrait bust of the four-time Grand National winning trainer, Donald "Ginger" McCain, who died at the age of 80 last September.
Ballabriggs won the grueling Grand National Steeplechase in England April 9, finishing ahead of fellow 14-1 shot Oscar Time.
Great Britain's Aintree Racecourse announced Dec. 29 that for the second consecutive year, the purse for the John Smith's Grand National has increased by £100,000 to total £900,000 when the 4 1/2 mile steeplechase is contested April 4, 2009.
Most Popular Stories
- American Cleopatra Entered at Del Mar
- Nyquist, Exaggerator Renew Rivalry in Haskell
- Lady Eli Pointed to Aug. 27 Ballston Spa
- Alsvid Takes on Lord Nelson in Bing Crosby
- Bradester Towers Over Monmouth Cup Field
- Exaggerator to Run in Haskell
- Shuvee Class Drop for Grade I Winner Curalina
- Stellar Wind to Challenge Beholder Again
- Lady Shipman Seeks Graded Win at Woodbine
- Mountaineer's Leading Trainer Suspended