With the 2014 Grand National Steeplechase on April 5, we're taking a look back at some of the very best world records from this prestigious and historic sporting event. view infographic
Aintree Racecourse in England has commissioned a bronze portrait bust of the four-time Grand National winning trainer, Donald "Ginger" McCain, who died at the age of 80 last September.
Ballabriggs won the grueling Grand National Steeplechase in England April 9, finishing ahead of fellow 14-1 shot Oscar Time.
Great Britain's Aintree Racecourse announced Dec. 29 that for the second consecutive year, the purse for the John Smith's Grand National has increased by £100,000 to total £900,000 when the 4 1/2 mile steeplechase is contested April 4, 2009.
Most Popular Stories
- Gun Runner Powers to Easy Stephen Foster Win
- Paco Lopez Sent to Hospital After Paddock Accident
- McCraken Back to His Old Self in Matt Winn
- Heavy Rain Forces Belmont Park Cancellation
- Forever Unbridled Makes Triumphant Return
- Sircat Sally Remains Undefeated With Honeymoon Win
- Kasaqui Ends Six-Race Skid With Decisive Wise Dan Score
- Faypien Edges Mopotism in Summertime Oaks
- Monmouth Park Bans Shipping to Suffolk Downs
- Unique Bella Nears Return to Training