Claiborne Farm and Adele Dilschneider's Bind, a 5-year-old son of Pulpit, will enter stud in 2014 at Jay Adcock's Red River Farm near Coushatta, La., as property of Claiborne, Dilschneider, and Nathan Granger.
Equine Sales Company said its recent consignor select yearling auction produced a $140,000 sale-topper.
Star Guitar, a 22-time stakes winner and a perfect 3-for-3 in 2012, was named Louisiana's horse of the year for the fourth year in a row June 8 at the LTBA's annual meeting at Fair Grounds.
The Breeders Sales Company of Louisiana's yearling auction posted major increases of 41.6% in average price and 34.3% in median price while experiencing a downturn in the buy-back rate Sept. 27.
She and a Lydgate filly top the auction, each bringing $8,000.
The annual yearling sale conducted by the Breeders Sales Company of Louisiana at the Hamilton Expo Center in West Monroe saw major across-the-board increases in all key statistical categories.
The Breeders Sales Company of Louisiana's yearling sale is scheduled to offer more than 300 horses Sept. 29 at the Ike Hamilton Expo Center in West Monroe, La.
Stakes winners Lydgate and Grand Appointment will enter stud as the property of syndicates at Jay Adcock's Red River Farm near Coushatta, La.
Most Popular Stories
- Condo Commando 'Splash-tastic' in Spinaway
- Longshots on Saratoga's Closing Day
- Midnight Storm Shakes Up Del Mar Derby
- Inside Yearling Sales Prep: Behavior
- Wise Dan Victorious in Bernard Baruch Return
- Wise Dan Passes Return Test in Flying Colors
- Itsmyluckyday Unlikely to Return in Gold Cup
- Jo Jo Warrior Helps Zayat Celebrate Birthday
- Stonestreet Has Star in Making in Atreides
- Plesa Sweeps Juvenile Stakes at Monmouth