The first reported foal by grade I winner Cross Traffic is a colt born Jan. 10 at Red River Farm near Coushatta, La.
The first reported foal for WinStar Farm's Overanalyze is a filly, born Jan. 18 at Red River Farm in Coushatta, La.
Claiborne Farm and Adele Dilschneider's Bind, a 5-year-old son of Pulpit, will enter stud in 2014 at Jay Adcock's Red River Farm near Coushatta, La., as property of Claiborne, Dilschneider, and Nathan Granger.
Equine Sales Company said its recent consignor select yearling auction produced a $140,000 sale-topper.
Star Guitar, a 22-time stakes winner and a perfect 3-for-3 in 2012, was named Louisiana's horse of the year for the fourth year in a row June 8 at the LTBA's annual meeting at Fair Grounds.
The Breeders Sales Company of Louisiana's yearling auction posted major increases of 41.6% in average price and 34.3% in median price while experiencing a downturn in the buy-back rate Sept. 27.
She and a Lydgate filly top the auction, each bringing $8,000.
The annual yearling sale conducted by the Breeders Sales Company of Louisiana at the Hamilton Expo Center in West Monroe saw major across-the-board increases in all key statistical categories.
The Breeders Sales Company of Louisiana's yearling sale is scheduled to offer more than 300 horses Sept. 29 at the Ike Hamilton Expo Center in West Monroe, La.
Stakes winners Lydgate and Grand Appointment will enter stud as the property of syndicates at Jay Adcock's Red River Farm near Coushatta, La.
Most Popular Stories
- Cathryn Sophia Gets Distance, Takes KY Oaks
- Curalina Opens Year with La Troienne Win
- Rocket Heat Fires to Turf Sprint Victory
- Catch a Glimpse Carries on to Edgewood Score
- Carina Mia Wins Eight Belles at 3-5
- Derby Observations, Strategy, and Wagers
- Majestic Harbor Springs Alysheba Upset
- Nyquist Draws Post 13, is 3-1 Derby Favorite
- Field of 22 Set for 142nd Kentucky Derby
- Routine, Quiet Oaks Morning on Backside