Claiborne Farm and Adele Dilschneider's Bind, a 5-year-old son of Pulpit, will enter stud in 2014 at Jay Adcock's Red River Farm near Coushatta, La., as property of Claiborne, Dilschneider, and Nathan Granger.
Equine Sales Company said its recent consignor select yearling auction produced a $140,000 sale-topper.
Star Guitar, a 22-time stakes winner and a perfect 3-for-3 in 2012, was named Louisiana's horse of the year for the fourth year in a row June 8 at the LTBA's annual meeting at Fair Grounds.
The Breeders Sales Company of Louisiana's yearling auction posted major increases of 41.6% in average price and 34.3% in median price while experiencing a downturn in the buy-back rate Sept. 27.
She and a Lydgate filly top the auction, each bringing $8,000.
The annual yearling sale conducted by the Breeders Sales Company of Louisiana at the Hamilton Expo Center in West Monroe saw major across-the-board increases in all key statistical categories.
The Breeders Sales Company of Louisiana's yearling sale is scheduled to offer more than 300 horses Sept. 29 at the Ike Hamilton Expo Center in West Monroe, La.
Stakes winners Lydgate and Grand Appointment will enter stud as the property of syndicates at Jay Adcock's Red River Farm near Coushatta, La.
Most Popular Stories
- Ken Ramsey on Kitten's Joy
- Santa Anita Reducing Takeout on Daily Double
- TimeformUS: The Hollywood Park Swan Song
- Stallion Monba Represented by First Winner
- Calder Releases 2014 Partial Stakes Schedule
- De La Cruz Soars at Tampa Bay With 4-Bagger
- That Handicapping Show: Dania Beach Stakes
- No Deal Yet on Will Take Charge, Horton Says
- Cibelli Wins Her First Race After 60-Day Ban
- King Kamehameha Son Dominates in Hong Kong