Twin Creeks Racing Stable's Red Rifle delivered the latest in a line of satisfying stakes scores for jockey Florent Geroux Nov. 29, winning the $250,000 Hawthorne Gold Cup Handicap (gr. II).
A field of 11 will gather for the $250,000 Hawthorne Gold Cup (gr. II) at Hawthorne Race Course Nov. 29, contesting the only graded stakes and open event of Hawthorne Race Course's fall stand.
Ranked first among owners with $9.77 million in earnings this year, Ken and Sarah Ramsey can add to that total Nov. 15 when multiple grade I winner Big Blue Kitten goes to post in the $250,000 Red Smith Handicap (gr. IIIT).
Following a pair of nose defeats in his most recent tries, there was no denying Holiday Star in the $100,000 Sycamore Stakes (gr. IIIT) as he wore down favored Red Rifle in the final yards on a soft Keeneland turf course.
Just three opponents have signed on to face Palace Malice in the $150,000 Westchester Stakes (gr. III) May 11, when the 2013 Belmont Stakes (gr. I) winner returns to Belmont Park.
A big weekend of exciting finishes across the globe, from Hong Kong and Australia to North America. view slideshow
Red Rifle delivered a track-record performance at Sam Houston Race Park in handily winning the $100,000 Maxxam Gold Cup for his first stakes triumph on the night of March 1.
After a minor injury derailed sale plans, grade I winner Joha is scheduled to return to racing June 15 at Belmont Park in the $150,000 Hill Prince Stakes (gr. IIIT).
Most Popular Stories
- EVA Vaccines: What You Need to Know
- Baffert Seeks 7th Futurity Win with Dortmund
- Trainer Wells Pleads Guilty to Rigging Races
- Red Pollard Seabiscuit Saddle to be Auctioned
- Tax Break on Racehorses Passes Congress
- Untapable, Tapiture Settle in at Fair Grounds
- New York Panel Announces Winning Casino Bids
- New Management for 2015 at Rillito Park
- New Rules Lead to Spike in Indiana Positives
- NYTHA Has Plan to Deal With Election Protest