Ranked first among owners with $9.77 million in earnings this year, Ken and Sarah Ramsey can add to that total Nov. 15 when multiple grade I winner Big Blue Kitten goes to post in the $250,000 Red Smith Handicap (gr. IIIT).
Following a pair of nose defeats in his most recent tries, there was no denying Holiday Star in the $100,000 Sycamore Stakes (gr. IIIT) as he wore down favored Red Rifle in the final yards on a soft Keeneland turf course.
Just three opponents have signed on to face Palace Malice in the $150,000 Westchester Stakes (gr. III) May 11, when the 2013 Belmont Stakes (gr. I) winner returns to Belmont Park.
A big weekend of exciting finishes across the globe, from Hong Kong and Australia to North America. view slideshow
Red Rifle delivered a track-record performance at Sam Houston Race Park in handily winning the $100,000 Maxxam Gold Cup for his first stakes triumph on the night of March 1.
After a minor injury derailed sale plans, grade I winner Joha is scheduled to return to racing June 15 at Belmont Park in the $150,000 Hill Prince Stakes (gr. IIIT).
Most Popular Stories
- Ocho Ocho Ocho Cashes Jackpot, Now 3-for-3
- Take Charge Brandi Takes Down Delta Princess
- Honor Code Inhales Allowance Foes in Return
- Three Hearts Breaks Through in Red Carpet
- Sinatra Leaving Parx to Take MJC Position
- Sunbean in Hand for Easy Delta Mile Victory
- Del Mar Employee Honored for Heroic Action
- Lubash Looks Like a Million in Tropical Turf
- Mahoning Valley Opens Inaugural Meet Nov. 24
- Cardinal Handicap Falls to Strike Charmer