He may have been cocky and charismatic, but to Norah Pollard her father was even more than that: John "Red" Pollard was a superhero.
The Seabiscuit Heritage Foundation and Frank R. Howard Memorial Hospital - built 80 years ago by Charles S. Howard, owner of Seabiscuit - are slated to benefit from a special Ridgewood Ranch tour and reception in honor of the legendary runner's 75th birthday.
"Spider-Man" star Tobey Maguire has signed on to play jockey Red Pollard, who piloted the fabled Depression era horse Seabiscuit, in the major motion picture release of the Laura Hillenbrand book "Seabiscuit: An American Legend."
Most Popular Stories
- Hoppertunity Stays Up in Roughshod Rebel
- Let Faith Arise Puts Santa Margarita On Ice
- Featured Horse Profile: Close Hatches
- Onlyforyou Euthanized After Training Accident
- Close Hatches Proves Class in Azeri Stakes
- Golden Lad Pulls Away for Razorback Romp
- Centre Court Scores Game Honey Fox Repeat
- Cairo Prince Leads Florida Derby Worktab
- Arkansas Derby Preview Day Preview Blog
- Champs Beholder, She's a Tiger Post Workouts