Ayusan dug in gamely to repel a strong late bid from Red Opal and capture the $2,311,000 Oka Sho (Jpn-I), or Japanese One Thousand Guineas, the first jewel in Japan's Triple Crown for fillies April 7 at Hanshin Racecourse.
Most Popular Stories
- Callback Rings Up Victory in Las Virgenes
- The Great War Has More in Store After Romp
- 'Brandi' Makes Martha Washington Interesting
- Undefeated Ocean Knight Wins Sam F. Davis
- Avanzare Responds For Stevens in Arcadia Win
- Early Nominees to Triple Crown Races Increase
- Conquest Two Step Surprises in Palos Verdes
- Testa Rossi Gets Endeavour Victory on DQ
- Can Texas Red Be Beaten in the San Vicente?
- Far Right Works, Confirmed for Southwest