The crowd appeared to thin out a bit at Wednesday's session of the Keeneland November Breeding Stock sale, but it wasn't any easier for buyers to get a foot in the door. The totals in gross, average, and median rose this year compared to last year's figures.
Favorite Minister's Baby disposed of longshot pacesetter Red n' Gold in the final turn and held off Lakenheath by 1-3/4 lengths in Saturday's $200,000 Gardenia Handicap (gr. III) for fillies and mares at Ellis Park.
Trainer Steve Asmussen will saddle the favorite, Descapate, in Saturday's $100,000 Oaklawn Breeders' Cup Handicap at Oaklawn Park, which serves as a major prep for fillies and mares pointing toward the 1 1/16 mile Apple Blossom Handicap (gr. I) on April 6.
Most Popular Stories
- Leading Laurel Rider McCarthy Breaks Wrist
- Favored Act of War Captures Cape Guineas
- CHRB Eyes Scratching of Unreported Geldings
- California Chrome Drills at Los Alamitos
- Bayern Turns in Bullet Move at Santa Anita
- Old Friends to Receive Special Eclipse Award
- Travis Stone Named Churchill Downs Announcer
- Rodenticide Linked to Six Sudden Horse Deaths
- Emerald Downs Purses to Rise 20% in 2015
- Bridlewood Owner Malone Purchases Ballylinch