Six horses are entered in the grade III, 1 1/8-mile race at Prairie Meadows on the night of June 29.
Top local handicap horse Forest Mouse had his consistency rewarded with the most lucrative win of his career in the $218,120 Zia Park Distance Championship Dec. 2 at the Hobbs, N.M. track.
Global Stage and Forest Mouse, the first two finishers in the Veteran Stakes at Zia Park, head the field for the $200,000 Zia Park Distance Championship Dec. 3, the richest Thoroughbred race of the season at Hobbs, N.M.
McKenna's Justice, a 17-1 longshot, rallied in the stretch to catch Red Lead at the wire for a nose victory in the $217,000 Zia Park Distance Championship at Zia Park in New Mexico Dec. 4.
Stalking Red Lead soared past the leaders in deep stretch for jockey Martin Bourdieu to tally by 2 1/4 lengths in the $114,400 Sunland Park Handicap April 18.
Quindici Man outfought favored Red Lead down the stretch to win the $150,000 Zia Park Derby Dec. 5 on a sloppy track at Hobbs, N.M.
Soul Warrior has been installed as the 2-1 morning line favorite for the 30th running of the $750,000 Super Derby (gr. II) Sept. 19 at Louisiana Downs in Bossier City.
Peachtree Stable's homebred Mythical Power rebounded emphatically from a last-place effort in the Sunland Derby, taking over at the top of the lane under Victor Espinoza and drawing off for a resounding victory in the $400,000 Lone Star Derby (gr. III) May 9.
Most Popular Stories
- Nyquist Draws Post 13, is 3-1 Derby Favorite
- Team Optimistic, Nyquist 'Full of Energy'
- Field of 22 Set for 142nd Kentucky Derby
- Lady Aurelia Awaits Queen Mary at Ascot
- Bensons Hope to Let Good Times Roll in Derby
- Court Ruling Important in Hobby Law Tax Cases
- Trainer Abrams Takes Leave of Absence
- The Path Back to Victory for Red Vine
- Rachel's Valentina 7-2 Oaks Favorite
- Fresh Horses Plentiful in 2016 Kentucky Derby