A Red Dazzler colt topped the opening session of the Magic Millions national horses in training sale, bringing Aust$260,000 ($264,904 in U.S. funds) Oct. 19 in Australia.
Red Dazzler had promised a southern grade I success for Red Ransom, and crew from the time he hit the tracks running early last year. And although belated, the colt delivered with a grand win in the $350,000 (Australian funds) Toorak Handicap (Aus-I) on Oct 14.
Red Ransom could have another hot prospect in Australia, with Red Dazzler emerging as a leading Caulfield Guineas (Aust-I) contender in winning the Bill Stutt Stakes (Aust-II) at Moonee Valley Sept. 23.
Most Popular Stories
- Archarcharch, Tizway to South Korea
- Better Talk Now Euthanized at Age 18
- Look Back: Dr. Fager Delivers on Turf in United Nations
- After 26 Stakes Wins, Fan Favorite Ben's Cat Retired
- Lights of Medina Leads Pletcher Trio in Mother Goose
- Holy Helena Favored for Queen's Plate
- Curlin's Approval Heads Princess Rooney
- Get your Scorecard, the Travers Trail Has Begun
- Obituary: Jack Arterburn Spent Life in Racing
- Mott Set for Queen's Plate Debut With Channel Maker