Sky Lantern powered from last and overhauled Integral in the inside final furlong for a one-length win in the Kingdom of Bahrain Sun Chariot Stakes (Eng-I) Sept. 28 at Newmarket.
Sky Lantern stormed from last on the far outside and drew off to a powerful four-length victory in the Coronation Stakes (Eng-I) June 21 at Royal Ascot.
Vedelago won the Premio Presidente della Repubblica GBI Racing (Ity-I), topping a three-horse finish for trainer Stefano Botti May 12 at Capannelle Racecourse.
Sky Lantern edged past previously unbeaten Just The Judge in the closing strides and won the QIPCO One Thousand Guineas (Eng-I) by a half-length May 5 at Newmarket.
Sky Lantern charged past the leaders with just over a furlong to run and drew off to score an upset win the $290,500 Moyglare Stud Stakes (Ire-I) at the Curragh Sept. 9.
Dylan Thomas was named Cartier Horse of the Year and top older horse at the 2007 Cartier Racing Awards, presented in the ballroom of the Four Seasons Hotel in London's Mayfair Nov. 14.
Red Clubs earned a long overdue group I win with a decisive victory in the Betfred Sprint Cup (Eng-I) at Haydock Park Sept. 8
Trainer Aidan O'Brien chalked up his seventh victory in the Independent Waterford Wedgwood Phoenix Stakes (Ire-I) Sunday when his 2-year-old colt George Washington demolished the field by eight lengths at The Curragh.
Racing at the Royal Ascot at York meet got underway June 14 with the Coventry Stakes (Eng-II) for 2-year-olds, and it was Red Ransom's son, Red Clubs, winning his third consecutive race after an opening loss.
Most Popular Stories
- Wise Dan Cleared to Resume Full Training
- Santa Anita Reports Attendance, Handle Gains
- Genuine Reward to Old Friends
- Crown Champ American Pharoah Returns to Work
- Delaware Park Latest Track to Boot Vazquez
- Presque Isle Alters Post Time to Combat Deer
- Dept. of Labor Files Suit Against Asmussen
- British Steeplechaser Kauto Star Euthanized
- Homecoming Classic Renamed to Honor Lukas
- Tough Field Drawn for Penny Memorial at Parx