Rancho Temescal near Piru, Calif., has announced an option for California breeders breeding mares to the farm's stallion Suances in 2010.
El Camino Real Derby (gr. III) winner Chocolate Candy was expected to arrive at Santa Anita on the afternoon of March 21 from the Bay Area to begin final preparations for the $750,000 Santa Anita Derby (gr. I) on April 4.
Refusing an opportunity to predict or boast, trainer Darrell Vienna coyly and simply said he would let Suances do the talking. A few days later, on June 15 at Lone Star Park, Suances rushed to the podium and delivered an eloquent speech in the $250,000 Dallas Turf Cup Handicap.
There were only four horses entered in Saturday's $216,250 San Francisco Breeders' Cup Mile Handicap (gr. IIT) and they each finished just over a length apart, with Suances holding on to win the Bay Meadows feature over favored Decarchy.
Patience and kindness pay off for trainer Darrell Vienna, as Janet wins the Yellow Ribbon...and some respect.
Red Baron's Barn LLC's Janet utilized a ground-saving trip under jockey David Flores to earn a half-length win over 3-5 favorite Tranquility Lake in Saturday's $400,000 Ramona Handicap (gr. IT) at Del Mar.
Most Popular Stories
- Queen's Horse Tests Positive for Morphine
- Sky Kingdom Returns to 1 1/2 Miles in Cougar
- Prominent Owner Borislow Dies at Age 52
- Tonalist Begins Push for Eclipse Award
- Jerkens Aims for 'Wicked Strong' Saratoga
- A Timeline for Synthetic Racing Surfaces
- War Chant to Remain at Yarradale in Australia
- Haskin: No More 'What Ifs' With Wise Dan
- Adena Springs' Roberts Returns to Training
- Encouraging Starts to Saratoga, Del Mar Meets