After winning the 2015 Last Tycoon (gr. IIIT) at the distance by 3 1/4 lengths at odds of 42-1, the 6-year-old son of Sageburg wowed again at 10 furlongs May 29 in the $200,000 Charles Whittingham Stakes (gr. IIT).
French-bred Si Sage provided a shock at a drizzly Santa Anita Park April 25, winning the Last Tycoon Stakes (gr. IIIT) by 3 1/4 lengths at 42-1 odds.
Rancho Temescal near Piru, Calif., has announced an option for California breeders breeding mares to the farm's stallion Suances in 2010.
El Camino Real Derby (gr. III) winner Chocolate Candy was expected to arrive at Santa Anita on the afternoon of March 21 from the Bay Area to begin final preparations for the $750,000 Santa Anita Derby (gr. I) on April 4.
Refusing an opportunity to predict or boast, trainer Darrell Vienna coyly and simply said he would let Suances do the talking. A few days later, on June 15 at Lone Star Park, Suances rushed to the podium and delivered an eloquent speech in the $250,000 Dallas Turf Cup Handicap.
There were only four horses entered in Saturday's $216,250 San Francisco Breeders' Cup Mile Handicap (gr. IIT) and they each finished just over a length apart, with Suances holding on to win the Bay Meadows feature over favored Decarchy.
Patience and kindness pay off for trainer Darrell Vienna, as Janet wins the Yellow Ribbon...and some respect.
Red Baron's Barn LLC's Janet utilized a ground-saving trip under jockey David Flores to earn a half-length win over 3-5 favorite Tranquility Lake in Saturday's $400,000 Ramona Handicap (gr. IT) at Del Mar.
Most Popular Stories
- Miss Temple City Scores Matriarch by a Nose
- Laoban Works Toward Return
- Annals of Time Surges to Win Hollywood Derby
- Paco Lopez Rides Winner No. 2,000
- California Chrome Logs Work for 'Challenge'
- Arrogate-'Chrome' Match Race in Pegasus?
- Bangkok Upsets Melmich in Valedictory
- 'Chance' First Black-Type Winner for Skipshot
- Departing Retired to Claiborne Farm
- Changing Schedules Impacted Wood, Blue Grass