Get Serious set a solid pace and still had enough left in the tank to hold off a pair late-charging rivals to win the $175,000 Red Bank (gr. IIIT) by a head Sept. 6 at Monmouth Park.
Icy Atlantic sets the new turf course record in his Red Bank Stakes (gr. IIIT) victory at Monmouth Park Sept. 1.
Live Oak Plantation's homebred Miesque's Approval had to wait a week, but the heavy favorite proved his mettle with a six-wide move for jockey Eddie Castro on the final turn, winning the $150,000 Red Bank Stakes (gr. IIIT) by a half-length
Monmouth Park Racetrack has canceled its live Thoroughbred racing card for Saturday due to high winds and heavy rains that are remnants of Tropical Storm Ernesto.
Remind should be the favorite in Saturday's Red Bank Handicap (gr. IIIT) at Monmouth Park, but behind him it looks like a very well matched field.
Harold L. Queen's Burning Roma, who has earned $1.4-million, is the most accomplished member of the prospective field for Saturday's $100,000 Red Bank Handicap (gr. IIIT), highlight of Monmouth Park's opening day program.
Trainer Dennis Manning plans to enter Just Le Facts in Saturday's Red Bank Handicap (gr. III) on Monmouth Park's opening day, but he's hoping for rain. Also in his barn is last year's winner of the race, Key Lory, who has returned from retirement.
Though dismissed by the bettors, 21-1 longshot Pavillon proved best on the track Monday in winning the $150,000 Red Bank Handicap (gr. IIIT) by a neck before a crowd of 17,741 at Monmouth Park.
Most Popular Stories
- Nyquist Wraps up Serious Derby Preparations
- Mohaymen Sitting on Go for Kentucky Derby
- Busy Work Tab at Churchill for Derby Horses
- Outwork, Destin Turn in Final Derby Breezes
- Maiden Trojan Nation Seeks Derby Upset
- Olorda Front-Running Winner of Bewitch
- Lady Shipman Returns to U.S. In License Fee
- 3 Kentucky Derby Longshots to Consider
- Le Havre colt a Guineas sale pinhook coup
- Laoban Works Toward Preakness ... or Derby