The Maryland Jockey Club reported record attendance and an increase in handle for the May 20 card at Pimlico Race Course, highlighted by Go Maggie Go’s impressive Black-Eyed Susan Stakes (gr. II) score.
Having added four additional days of racing to its lineup in 2004, Virginia's Colonial Downs posted all-time total attendance and handle records, and reported a rise in the average daily on-track handle.
World Thoroughbred Championships at Arlington Park totaled $116,367,198, establishing an all-time record Breeders' Cup handle.
Most Popular Stories
- Stradivari Sustains Career-Ending Injury
- Enola Gray Still Unbeaten After Del Mar Romp
- 7-Year-Old Gelding Wins First Start at Ellis
- Blame Angel Wins a Day After Trainer's Death
- Ancient Secret Scores in Lake George
- Sweet Loretta Powers to Schuylerville Win
- After 35 Years, Jockey Joe Steiner Retires
- Songbird Logs First Gallop at Saratoga
- McCarthy, Trainer of General Quarters, Dies
- Songbird Adds Star Power to Sunday's CCA Oaks