In a rousing pari-mutuel wagering success, Gulfstream Park registered all-sources handle of $40.217,924 on its Jan. 28 Pegasus World Cup Invitational (G1) card, setting a handle record for the track.
The Maryland Jockey Club reported record attendance and an increase in handle for the May 20 card at Pimlico Race Course, highlighted by Go Maggie Go’s impressive Black-Eyed Susan Stakes (gr. II) score.
Having added four additional days of racing to its lineup in 2004, Virginia's Colonial Downs posted all-time total attendance and handle records, and reported a rise in the average daily on-track handle.
World Thoroughbred Championships at Arlington Park totaled $116,367,198, establishing an all-time record Breeders' Cup handle.
Most Popular Stories
- Tepin Refuses to Work March 27 at Palm Meadows
- Arrogate Last to First in Dubai World Cup
- Skychai Racing Purchases Interest in Fast and Accurate
- Two Juveniles Post Fastest Times at Barretts
- Hence Springs Upset in Sunland Derby
- McCraken Stretches Out in Keeneland Work
- Animo de Valeroso to Stand at Duncan Farms
- Dortmund Back to Dirt in Next Start
- Honorable Duty Aims to Continue Fair Grounds Roll
- Girvin Heads Louisiana Derby Field