In a rousing pari-mutuel wagering success, Gulfstream Park registered all-sources handle of $40.217,924 on its Jan. 28 Pegasus World Cup Invitational (G1) card, setting a handle record for the track.
The Maryland Jockey Club reported record attendance and an increase in handle for the May 20 card at Pimlico Race Course, highlighted by Go Maggie Go’s impressive Black-Eyed Susan Stakes (gr. II) score.
Having added four additional days of racing to its lineup in 2004, Virginia's Colonial Downs posted all-time total attendance and handle records, and reported a rise in the average daily on-track handle.
World Thoroughbred Championships at Arlington Park totaled $116,367,198, establishing an all-time record Breeders' Cup handle.
Most Popular Stories
- Accelerate Springs Stunning Upset as Arrogate Falters
- Baffert Still Aiming Arrogate for Pacific Classic
- Gutsy Move Gets Abel Tasman CCA Oaks Win
- Lady Eli Runs 'One of Her Greatest Races to Date'
- Gun Runner Posts Bullet in Breeze for Whitney
- Madam Dancealot Closes From Last to Win San Clemente
- Girvin Has Final Work Ahead of Haskell
- Maryland Horse of the Year Ben's Cat Dies
- Brown in High Spirits After Three Saratoga Wins
- Glamanation First Stakes Winner for Point of Entry