Russian Greek, who overcame a stumble at the start to win the Gold Rush Stakes last month, is the 122-pound high weight for his return to Golden Gate Fields in the $100,000 California Derby Jan. 14.
On the first anniversary of Hurricane Katrina's destruction of the Gulf Coast, the restoration project at Fair Grounds Race Course continues, as does the countdown to the return of racing.
Construction crews at Churchill Downs are working double shifts in an effort to complete the steel skeleton of the racetrack's new six-story clubhouse before the start of the fall meet Oct. 26.
Most Popular Stories
- Easter Filly for Horse of the Year Zenyatta
- Wildcat Red, With Saez, Works at Gulfstream
- Determined Isla Bonita Wins Japanese Guineas
- Dude! Imperative Shocks Charles Town Classic
- Untapable Breezes at Churchill Downs
- Cairo Prince Injured, Out of Kentucky Derby
- Four-Day OBS Spring Sale Kicks Off April 21
- Featured Horse Profile: Frac Daddy
- Dynamic Impact Nabs 'Hawk in Illinois Derby
- Kentucky Derby Stars Come Out at Keeneland