Gerald Ford's grade II winner Reciclada has been retired from racing after suffering a sesamoid injury on her left front leg during a four-furlong workout at Santa Anita on Dec. 24.
Diamond A Racing Corporation's Reciclada stalked the pace set by Go to the Ink before digging in gamely to win the Delta Air Lines Top Flight Handicap (gr. II) at Aqueduct on Friday. The 5-year-old Chilean-bred mare trained by Richard Mandella won by 1 1/4 lengths over Country Hideaway, with Critical Eye third.
Richard Duggan and James R. Vreeland's Evening Promise closed from next-to-last to win the $111,700 Senator Ken Maddy Handicap (gr. IIIT) by a 1/2 length over 82-1 longshot Strawberry Way Wednesday at Santa Anita. The Kathy Walsh trainee was ridden by Kent Desormeaux and completed the about 6 1/2 furlongs in 1:13.05 while racing over firm turf.
The $100,000 Senator Ken Maddy Handicap (gr. IIIT) is the opening day feature race of the Oak Tree at Santa Anita meet. The "about 6 ½-furlong" race for fillies and mares 3-year-olds and up will be run Wednesday on the downhill turf course.
License Fee breezed four furlongs over the turf training course at Saratoga Wednesday in preparation for Monday’s $500,000 Diana Handicap (gr. IIT), in which she will likely face Stronach Stables’ turf distaff star Perfect Sting.
Diamond A Racing's Reciclada led the field on a chase around Monmouth Park's turf track, leading at every call on the way to a two-length win over Mumtaz in Sunday's $100,000 Eatontown Stakes (gr. IIIT).
Most Popular Stories
- Champion High Chaparral Euthanized at 15
- Clement Trio Looms Large in La Prevoyante
- 13 for Maryland Juvenile Filly Championship
- Danon Platina Captures Asahi Hai Futurity
- Gulfstream Builds Stalls for Displaced Horses
- Trainer James DiVito Collects 1,000th Win
- Dortmund Wins Dramatic Los Alamitos Futurity
- Speechify Goes for Grade in Mr. Prospector
- Leading Laurel Rider McCarthy Breaks Wrist
- Asmussen, Albarado Team for Four-Win Day