The select portion of the Magic Millions national broodmare sale ended its two-day run in Australia May 29 with increases of 23.9% in gross and 37.6% in average price from a year ago.
A Redoute's Choice colt which is a full brother to group I winner Melito brought Aust$750,000 ($773,805 in U.S. funds) to top the third session of the Magic Millions Gold Coast yearling sale in Australia Jan. 13.
A Stratum filly, which is a half sister to New Zealand group I winner Anabandana, brought the top price of Aust$220,000 ($231,975 in U.S. funds) May 25 during the opening session of the Magic Millions national weanling sale.
A Redoute's Choice colt brought the top price of Aust$850,000 as the gross and average price increased from a year ago during the opening session of the Magic Millions Gold Coast yearling sale in Australia Jan 12.
The average price rose 17.9% from a year ago while the gross revenue remained about the same during the fifth session of the Conrad Jupiters Magic Millions yearling sale Jan. 11 on Australia's Gold Cost.
- By Ric Chapman
Opening day of the revamped Inglis national easter yearling sale got off to an absolute flyer with vendors reaping the rewards.
Coolmore's world famous representative Demi O'Byrne paid the Magic Millions Day 4 top price of (Aus) $900,000 for a colt by Arrowfield Stud current Australian champion sire Redoute's Choice.
The Magic Millions national weanling sale produced more highlights on day two of the weanling section.
Most Popular Stories
- Catch a Glimpse in Good Order After Nassau Scare
- G. G. Ryder Wins All American in Blanket Finish
- Weekend Hideaway Repeats in Commentator
- Gun Runner Breezes for Stephen Foster
- Connections Plan Breeders' Cup Trip for Top Casablanca
- Fourstar Crook Continues Turf Win Streak
- Danzing Candy Wires Lone Star Handicap
- Rey de Oro wins Japanese Derby
- Cupid Returns From Layoff to Win Gold Cup
- Ashleyluvssugar Wins Second Charles Whittingham