A field of 10 3-year-olds was entered in Saturday's $300,000 Lone Star Derby (gr. III) at Lone Star Park, headed by Coolmore Lexington Stakes (gr. II) champ Slew's Tizzy and Illinois Derby (gr. II) runner-up Reporting for Duty.
Making his first start since a third-place finish in the Kentucky Jockey Club Stakes (gr. II) four months ago, Dominican ran down Trust Your Luck in the stretch to win the $100,000 Rushaway for 3-year-olds Saturday at Turway Park going away by five lengths.
There's something to like about the five stakes winners in the field of 11 for Saturday's $100,000 Rushaway Stakes at Turfway Park on the Lane's End (gr. II) undercard.
Team Valor Stables' King of the Roxy swept up on the outside coming off the turn and rallied smartly through the lane to win Saturday's $150,000 Hutcheson Stakes (gr. II) at Gulfstream Park.
The Nick Zito-trained Forefathers steps back into the fray off a second-place finish in the Swale Stakes last month to head Saturday's Hutcheson Stakes (gr. II) at 7 1/2 furlongs at Gulfstream Park.
John D. Murphy's homebred Adore the Gold, under heavy pressure all the way, pulled away from Forefathers in deep stretch to win the $150,000 Swale (gr. II) for 3-year-olds at Gulfstream Park Saturday by less than a length.
Seven lightly raced colts square off in the $150,000 Swale Stakes (gr. II), one of two graded stakes for 3-year-olds on the Gulfstream Park racing program Saturday.
Reata's Rocket and Cat On a Cloud scored clear victories in the two divisions of the NATC Futurity at Monmouth Park Saturday.
Most Popular Stories
- Relief Comes to Abandoned Horses in Kentucky
- Red Rifle Aims to Repeat in Dominion Day
- Legends: Charlie Whittingham, the Bald Eagle
- White-Headed Foal Named Southern Phantom
- TAA Ready to Assist With Abandoned Horses
- Morris to Ride Mongolian Saturday in July Cup
- Regulators Consider Out-of-Competition Rule
- Kentucky Neglect Case Under Investigation
- Six Neglected Horses Cleared to Leave Farm
- MJC Reports Increased Average Daily Handle