A field of 10 3-year-olds was entered in Saturday's $300,000 Lone Star Derby (gr. III) at Lone Star Park, headed by Coolmore Lexington Stakes (gr. II) champ Slew's Tizzy and Illinois Derby (gr. II) runner-up Reporting for Duty.
Making his first start since a third-place finish in the Kentucky Jockey Club Stakes (gr. II) four months ago, Dominican ran down Trust Your Luck in the stretch to win the $100,000 Rushaway for 3-year-olds Saturday at Turway Park going away by five lengths.
There's something to like about the five stakes winners in the field of 11 for Saturday's $100,000 Rushaway Stakes at Turfway Park on the Lane's End (gr. II) undercard.
Team Valor Stables' King of the Roxy swept up on the outside coming off the turn and rallied smartly through the lane to win Saturday's $150,000 Hutcheson Stakes (gr. II) at Gulfstream Park.
The Nick Zito-trained Forefathers steps back into the fray off a second-place finish in the Swale Stakes last month to head Saturday's Hutcheson Stakes (gr. II) at 7 1/2 furlongs at Gulfstream Park.
John D. Murphy's homebred Adore the Gold, under heavy pressure all the way, pulled away from Forefathers in deep stretch to win the $150,000 Swale (gr. II) for 3-year-olds at Gulfstream Park Saturday by less than a length.
Seven lightly raced colts square off in the $150,000 Swale Stakes (gr. II), one of two graded stakes for 3-year-olds on the Gulfstream Park racing program Saturday.
Reata's Rocket and Cat On a Cloud scored clear victories in the two divisions of the NATC Futurity at Monmouth Park Saturday.
Most Popular Stories
- TJC Acquires Majority Interest in Blood-Horse
- Trainer A. C. Avila Suspended, Fined by CHRB
- Ben's Cat Maryland-Bred HOY for Fourth Year
- Suffolk Downs, Horsemen Have Deal for Meets
- NJ Track Calls for End to Simulcast Impasse
- American Pharoah Shows Readiness for Rebel
- Caesars' Moves Impact Turfway, ThistleDown
- California Chrome Working Steadily for Dubai
- Nerud 3-Year-Old Wins Again at Big A
- Charles Town, Oaklawn, Laurel Cancel Cards