Merit Man is just a nose short of perfection in four starts for trainer Bob Hess Jr., but the 3-year-old son of With Distinction will have to travel a furlong farther than he has before in the $150,000 Hutcheson Stakes.
Ten juveniles seek their first stakes score in the $150,000 Display Stakes at Woodbine Dec. 1, including a few who have recently been knocking at the door. But the runner horsemen fear most is Avie's Quality.
Violence proved profitable in the $200,000 Nashua Stakes (gr. II) for 2-year-olds Nov. 4 at Aqueduct Racetrack.
Six other promising 2-year-olds will challenge Vegas No Show in the Nashua, including Bourbon Stakes runner-up Really Sharp.
Balance the Books captured the $150,000 Bourbon Stakes (gr. IIIT) as the 4-5 favorite after much bumping in the stretch run of the 1 1/16-mile test of 2-year-olds at Keeneland Oct. 7.
Most Popular Stories
- Canterbury Releases 2014 Stakes Schedule
- American Gaming Association Adds Churchill
- Finger Lakes Launches ADW Site
- Woobine Has Per-Card Wagering Rise in 2013
- And They're Off: 2013 Offy Awards
- Flashback Likely Pick Among Malibu Probables
- Digging Deeper into Breeders' Cup Lasix Study
- Valenzuela Expects Healthy Santa Anita Meet
- Hangin' With Haskin: My Top 10 Racing Movies
- Native Diver Monument Moving to Del Mar