A return to a synthetic track and a quick pace helped propel Tamarando to a decisive victory in the $100,750 Real Quiet Stakes Nov. 24 at Betfair Hollywood Park.
Favored Carving, co-owned by Olympic gold medalist skier Bode Miller, made it back-to-back wins for Hall of Fame trainer Bob Baffert in the $100,000 Real Quiet Stakes at Betfair Hollywood Park Nov. 10.
Two-year-old Bwana Charlie colt has won 5 in a row, including the grade I CashCall Futurity. Read More
Odds-on favorite Chocolate Candy split horses as the field straightened away, struck the front nearing the eighth-pole and drew clear to post a 1 3/4-length victory in the $100,000 California Derby Jan. 17 at Golden Gate Fields.
Short-priced favorite Colonel John overcame his inexperience and a rail draw in his first two-turn race to deliver a polished victory in the $105,900 Real Quiet Stakes for 2-year-olds on the Hollywood Park Cushion Track Nov. 18.
WinStar Farm's homebred Colonel John, a 4 1/2-length maiden winner in his last start for trainer Eoin Harty, is the likely favorite in Hollywood Park's $100,000 Real Quiet Stakes for 2-year-olds at 1 1/16 miles over the Cushion Track Nov. 18.
Jockey Martin Pedroza, whose last four win-day at Hollywood Park came two years ago to the day, enjoyed his first-five win day at the Inglewood track Saturday with a little help from the stewards.
Bob and John's apparent six-length victory as the 1-5 favorite in Saturday's $100,000 Real Quiet Stakes for 2-year-olds was overturned by Hollywood Park stewards, who gave the victory to Genre, ridden by Martin Pedroza.
Most Popular Stories
- Arrogate Works Toward Seasonal Bow
- BC Juvenile Winner Texas Red Retired
- American Gal, Union Strike Meet in Starlet
- Resilient Humor Debut Winner for Sassy Image
- Retired Valet Ward Dies in Kentucky
- Trainer Brown Gearing Up for Gulfstream
- A Look Back at A.P. Indy's Hollywood Futurity
- Promising Mastery Heads Los Al Futurity Field
- Aqueduct Announcers Bring Youth, Experience
- Lukas Drops by to See Old Friend Charismatic