A little more than an hour after his stablemate wowed the masses on the East Coast, Bob Baffert-trained Gimme Da Lute dominated an overmatched group of California-breds in the $200,000 Real Good Deal Stakes at Del Mar.
After back-to-back wins in the Affirmed Stakes (gr. III) and Los Alamitos Derby (gr. II), Bob Baffert landed on the $200,000 Real Good Deal Stakes for Gimme Da Lute's next start.
Hall of Fame jockey Russell Baze needs four more wins to be become the first rider to reach 11,000 in a career after odds-on choice Goggles McCoy captured the $100,000 Real Good Deal Stakes at Del Mar Aug. 11.
Areyoutalkintome rallied from last place in a five-horse field to win the $100,000 Real Good Deal for California-bred 3-year-olds Friday night at Del Mar.
Gobi Dan, Surprized and Preakness Stakes runner Menacing Dennis head a field of 10 scheduled for Monday's 15th running of the $100,000 Real Good Deal Stakes for 3-year-old Cal-breds going 7 furlongs on the main track.
Three longshot winners on Monday at Del Mar helped create a carryover of $134,179 for Wednesday's pick six at the Southern California track. A field of five is entered in Wednesday's feature, the $150,000 Best Pal Stakes (gr. III) for 2-year-olds.
Most Popular Stories
- Pletcher Breezes Four Kentucky Derby Hopefuls
- Classic Empire a Pro in Four-Furlong Move
- Sano Star Gunnevera Goes Easy Five Furlongs
- O'Neill Confident After Irap's Mile Work
- Blinkers Likely for Practical Joke in Kentucky Derby
- Girvin Battling Quarter Crack, KY Derby Not Ruled Out
- Unbridled Unleashed
- Abel Tasman Gears Up for Kentucky Oaks Run
- Battle of Midway Logs Final Work for Kentucky Derby
- Creative Cause Filly's Sale Emotional for Koch