A little more than an hour after his stablemate wowed the masses on the East Coast, Bob Baffert-trained Gimme Da Lute dominated an overmatched group of California-breds in the $200,000 Real Good Deal Stakes at Del Mar.
After back-to-back wins in the Affirmed Stakes (gr. III) and Los Alamitos Derby (gr. II), Bob Baffert landed on the $200,000 Real Good Deal Stakes for Gimme Da Lute's next start.
Hall of Fame jockey Russell Baze needs four more wins to be become the first rider to reach 11,000 in a career after odds-on choice Goggles McCoy captured the $100,000 Real Good Deal Stakes at Del Mar Aug. 11.
Areyoutalkintome rallied from last place in a five-horse field to win the $100,000 Real Good Deal for California-bred 3-year-olds Friday night at Del Mar.
Gobi Dan, Surprized and Preakness Stakes runner Menacing Dennis head a field of 10 scheduled for Monday's 15th running of the $100,000 Real Good Deal Stakes for 3-year-old Cal-breds going 7 furlongs on the main track.
Three longshot winners on Monday at Del Mar helped create a carryover of $134,179 for Wednesday's pick six at the Southern California track. A field of five is entered in Wednesday's feature, the $150,000 Best Pal Stakes (gr. III) for 2-year-olds.
Most Popular Stories
- Zenyatta Bred to Medaglia d'Oro
- Mor Spirit Move Pleases Baffert, Stevens
- Creator Turns in Final Kentucky Derby Breeze
- Gun Runner Wraps Up Major Pre-Derby Work
- California Chrome Arrives at Los Alamitos
- Breeder Lucy Bassett Dies at 87
- Asmussen Breezes Four Oaks Hopefuls
- Nyquist Top 3YO in Final Pre-Derby NTRA Poll
- Hermann Named Golden Gate Announcer
- Suddenbreakingnews to Have New Look in Derby