Apprentice jockey Mike Straight notched the first win from his first career ride March 6 at Tampa Bay Downs in the sixth race aboard Ready Ruler for trainer Michael Thomas and owner Leighton Evans.
A group of nine 3-year-olds passed the entry box for the 17th running of Friday's $150,000 Central Bank Transylvania Stakes (gr. IIIT). Set to kick off the stakes calendar of Keeneland's 2005 spring meeting is the speedy, multiple stakes-winning Dubleo, and the lightly raced, but impressive Chattahoochee War. The pair lead a well-matched group postward to battle a mile on the grass.
Rey de Cafe collared favored Dubleo in midstretch and gradually inched away to win the $112,200 Bourbon County Stakes for 2-year-olds Friday at Keeneland.
Dubleo, the probable morning-line favorite, will lead a field of 11 two-year-old colts and geldings entered in Friday's featured $100,000 Bourbon County Stakes at Keeneland. Dubleo is conditioned by Todd Pletcher.
Most Popular Stories
- Irish War Cry Solid in Final Pre-Derby Work
- Another Big Finish for McCraken in Final Pre-Derby Work
- Alert Bay Repeats in San Francisco Mile
- Battalion Runner, Malagacy to Bypass Kentucky Derby
- Fast and Accurate Works Five Furlongs at Churchill
- Thunder Snow Confirmed for Kentucky Derby
- Fast Work Provides Relief for Girvin's Connections
- Trust in Tammy: Fox Taught J Boys Echo His Lessons Well
- Kitasan Black Dominates in Tenno Sho
- Gormley Puts in Unconventional Final Derby Work