The Mass Thoroughbred Horsemen's Association and the Carney Family, owners of the Brockton Fairgrounds, have finalized a two-year purse agreement for 30 days of live racing at the facility in 2016 and 2017.
The struggling Massachusetts harness racing industry received a huge boost Feb. 27 when the Massachusetts Gaming Commission selected Penn National Gaming proposal to build a slots parlor at Plainridge Race Course.
Four new entrants meet the key deadline to submit formal phase-1 proposals for the sole destination resort casino license designated for the Boston area.
Most Popular Stories
- Swipe at Belmont Preparing for His Return
- Cyrus Alexander Wins Lone Star Handicap
- Illuminant Upsets Wekeela in Gamely Stakes
- Creator Works, Set for Trip to New York
- Living The Life Beats Males in All American
- Exaggerator Gallops Lap Around Belmont Track
- Untapable Prepares for Start in Fleur de Lis
- Suddenbreakingnews Now 'Official Ridgling'
- 'Breaking' in a New Fan
- The Art of Exaggerator's Stud Deal