The Mass Thoroughbred Horsemen's Association and the Carney Family, owners of the Brockton Fairgrounds, have finalized a two-year purse agreement for 30 days of live racing at the facility in 2016 and 2017.
The struggling Massachusetts harness racing industry received a huge boost Feb. 27 when the Massachusetts Gaming Commission selected Penn National Gaming proposal to build a slots parlor at Plainridge Race Course.
Four new entrants meet the key deadline to submit formal phase-1 proposals for the sole destination resort casino license designated for the Boston area.
Most Popular Stories
- Stellar Wind Upsets Beholder
- Maiden No More, Laoban Stuns Jim Dandy Rivals
- Flintshire Scores in Eventful Bowling Green
- A. P. Indian Outduels Holy Boss in Vanderbilt
- Seeking the Gold Dies at 31
- Lexie Lou Goes Wire to Wire in Victoriana
- Pennsylvania Sanctions Trainer Preciado
- Minding Overcomes Trouble for Nassau Win
- Monmouth, Suffolk Battle Over Entries
- Mind Your Biscuits Takes Amsterdam