The Mass Thoroughbred Horsemen's Association and the Carney Family, owners of the Brockton Fairgrounds, have finalized a two-year purse agreement for 30 days of live racing at the facility in 2016 and 2017.
The struggling Massachusetts harness racing industry received a huge boost Feb. 27 when the Massachusetts Gaming Commission selected Penn National Gaming proposal to build a slots parlor at Plainridge Race Course.
Four new entrants meet the key deadline to submit formal phase-1 proposals for the sole destination resort casino license designated for the Boston area.
Most Popular Stories
- Kentucky Neglect Case Under Investigation
- Major Expansion Planned for Aqueduct Casino
- No Horses Injured in Pennsylvania Barn Fire
- Cuomo Administration Fires Back at Criticism
- Japan Races added to BC Challenge Series
- Mo Tom Clear Winner in Ohio Derby
- Melatonin Game in Gold Cup Victory
- Europeans Set for Belmont Derby, Oaks
- Melatonin Could Get Time Off After Gold Cup
- California Chrome Logs Weekly Drill at Los Al