The Mass Thoroughbred Horsemen's Association and the Carney Family, owners of the Brockton Fairgrounds, have finalized a two-year purse agreement for 30 days of live racing at the facility in 2016 and 2017.
The struggling Massachusetts harness racing industry received a huge boost Feb. 27 when the Massachusetts Gaming Commission selected Penn National Gaming proposal to build a slots parlor at Plainridge Race Course.
Four new entrants meet the key deadline to submit formal phase-1 proposals for the sole destination resort casino license designated for the Boston area.
Most Popular Stories
- Zayat, Romans Want to See Prayer for Relief in Pegasus
- Arrogate Sails Through Penultimate Work for Pegasus Cup
- Noble Bird May Start in Pegasus
- First Foal by American Pharoah Born at Brookdale Farm
- New York trainer/breeder DiSanto Dies at 62
- California Chrome Focused in Penultimate Move
- Lockdown Cruises in Busanda Win
- High Profile Fillies in Fair Grounds Stakes
- Pletcher Contenders Breeze for Pegasus
- First Foal for Silver Max a Filly