A Florida-based company said Feb. 12 it will enter the historical race wagering market as a systems, platform, tote, and game provider.
Churchill Downs Inc. has agreed to purchase an additional interest in Kentucky Downs, the track in Franklin, Ky., that has seen a rise in business since the introduction of Instant Racing in late 2011.
Amid the uncertainty of reception in the marketplace and a lingering legal challenge, Kentucky Downs officially christened expanded pari-mutuel wagering via Instant Racing machines during an evening reception Aug. 30.
Closing is now finalized on the sale of the Kentucky Downs racetrack in Franklin, Ky., and the new majority owners have hit the ground running in preparation for hosting the fall race meeting, Sept. 15-25.
A partnership led by former Magna Entertainment Corp. executive Corey Johnsen and Texas investment banker Ray Reid have purchased the majority interest in Kentucky Downs near Franklin, Ky.
Most Popular Stories
- Tepin Works; Trip to Royal Ascot Uncertain
- Leroidesanimaux Dies at 16
- Diva Express, I'm a Looker Dead Heat at CD
- California Chrome 'Stronger' in Los Al Drill
- Exaggerator Carries Delta Jackpot Flag
- Flipcup Resolute in Arlington Matron Win
- Kentucky Suspends Umarov for 10 Years
- Mike Venezia Memorial Award to Go to Pino
- Destin Work is 'Stamina Builder' for Belmont
- Rabada Strikes for Second Group I Win in SAf