Jockey Frankie Dettori will miss the rest of the season with a fractured right ankle, his business manager told the Associated Press Oct. 2.
Godolphin Racing was ordered to pay 300,000 pounds ($567,630) in damages for a plane crash in 2000 that resulted in the death of the pilot and injuries to jockeys Frankie Dettori and Ray Cochrane.
Jockey Ray Cochrane returned to the races for the first time since suffering injuries in a June airplane crash near Newmarket Race Course with a win in Friday's Fund For Addenbrooke's Fillies' Handicap at Newmarket, according to Sporting Life. Cochrane was injured along with fellow rider Frankie Dettori in the crash which killed the pilot, Patrick Mackey.
Most Popular Stories
- Jockey Gonzalez Posts Career Victory 3,000
- Favorites Dominate on Louisiana Legends Night
- Lady Eli Sparkles in Belmont Oaks
- American Pharoah to Haskell
- Gimme Da Lute Holds On in Los Alamitos Derby
- Effinex Outlasts Tonalist at Wire in Suburban
- Force the Pass Brilliant in Belmont Derby
- U.S. Pari-Mutuel Handle Down Slightly in June
- Alliseeisgold Wires Cleveland Gold Cup
- Private Zone All the Way in Belmont Sprint