Jockey Frankie Dettori will miss the rest of the season with a fractured right ankle, his business manager told the Associated Press Oct. 2.
Godolphin Racing was ordered to pay 300,000 pounds ($567,630) in damages for a plane crash in 2000 that resulted in the death of the pilot and injuries to jockeys Frankie Dettori and Ray Cochrane.
Jockey Ray Cochrane returned to the races for the first time since suffering injuries in a June airplane crash near Newmarket Race Course with a win in Friday's Fund For Addenbrooke's Fillies' Handicap at Newmarket, according to Sporting Life. Cochrane was injured along with fellow rider Frankie Dettori in the crash which killed the pilot, Patrick Mackey.
Most Popular Stories
- Baffert Still Aiming Arrogate for Pacific Classic
- Accelerate Springs Stunning Upset as Arrogate Falters
- Lady Eli Runs 'One of Her Greatest Races to Date'
- Gun Runner Posts Bullet in Breeze for Whitney
- Girvin Has Final Work Ahead of Haskell
- Brown in High Spirits After Three Saratoga Wins
- Lady Eli’s Amazing Story Continues
- Paulassilverlining Tops Honorable Miss Handicap
- As Arrogate's Stature Builds, So Do Expectations
- Firenze Fire Upsets Sanford Stakes