The New York Racing Association is filing paperwork stating its intent to sue the New York City Off Track Betting Corporation for undercutting simulcasting fees, the latest in a long line of tussles between the two influential industry groups.
New York City Mayor Michael Bloomberg has named Ray Casey, who directed the city's Trade Waste Commission, to head New York City Off-Track Betting Corp., the New York Post reported Feb. 21. Bloomberg also said the city wouldn't sell the betting corporation, at least for now.
Most Popular Stories
- Bayern Turns in Bullet Move at Santa Anita
- Travis Stone Named Churchill Downs Announcer
- Emerald Purses to Rise 20% for 2015 Season
- California Chrome Drills at Los Alamitos
- Old Friends to Receive Special Eclipse Award
- OBS Winter Mixed Sale Catalog Now Online
- Bridlewood Owner Malone Purchases Ballylinch
- Casino Would Negatively Impact Finger Lakes
- Penn Mile Tops 193-Day Penn National Schedule
- Pedigree Analysis: Milwaukee Brew