The New York Racing Association is filing paperwork stating its intent to sue the New York City Off Track Betting Corporation for undercutting simulcasting fees, the latest in a long line of tussles between the two influential industry groups.
New York City Mayor Michael Bloomberg has named Ray Casey, who directed the city's Trade Waste Commission, to head New York City Off-Track Betting Corp., the New York Post reported Feb. 21. Bloomberg also said the city wouldn't sell the betting corporation, at least for now.
Most Popular Stories
- Charles Town Cancels Friday Evening Card
- Ohio Begins Examination of Medication Rules
- Sabercat to Averett Farm in Louisiana
- KY Derby Winner Thunder Gulch Pensioned at 23
- Texas Red Set for Super Return in San Vicente
- Superficial Digital Flexor Tendon Rupture in Older Horses
- Palace Malice Sustains Minor Foot Bruise
- Euro Exchange Tops Finale at OBS Winter Sale
- Upstart is Uplifting for Joanne Nielsen
- 82 Supplements to F-T Winter Mixed Sale