The New York Racing Association is filing paperwork stating its intent to sue the New York City Off Track Betting Corporation for undercutting simulcasting fees, the latest in a long line of tussles between the two influential industry groups.
New York City Mayor Michael Bloomberg has named Ray Casey, who directed the city's Trade Waste Commission, to head New York City Off-Track Betting Corp., the New York Post reported Feb. 21. Bloomberg also said the city wouldn't sell the betting corporation, at least for now.
Most Popular Stories
- Taghrooda Flies to King George Triumph
- Trainer, Jock Team for South African Double
- Katie's Kiss First Winner for Kantharos
- Samraat Headed Back to Saratoga After Surgery
- Keeneland's Historical Racing Plans Delayed
- Dance With Fate's Exercise Rider Has Surgery
- Irish Surf Runs Away in Cougar II Marathon
- Dance With Fate Euthanized After Accident
- No Lasix for Social Inclusion in Haskell
- Whitney Card's Grade I Races Taking Shape