The New York Racing Association is filing paperwork stating its intent to sue the New York City Off Track Betting Corporation for undercutting simulcasting fees, the latest in a long line of tussles between the two influential industry groups.
New York City Mayor Michael Bloomberg has named Ray Casey, who directed the city's Trade Waste Commission, to head New York City Off-Track Betting Corp., the New York Post reported Feb. 21. Bloomberg also said the city wouldn't sell the betting corporation, at least for now.
Most Popular Stories
- Meadowlands Cancels Friday card
- TimeformUS Weekend Plays: The G2 Lafayette
- Stevens Says He'll Ride in Breeders' Cup
- Distorted Humor Tops WinStar Stallion Fees
- Ashford Execs Testify in Love Me Only Trial
- Will Take Charge to Stand for $30,000
- Pletcher Pair Heads Turnback the Alarm
- Bel's Starlet, 27, Dies at Our Mims
- Mott's BC Fillies are Close to His Heart
- FTBOA Names New Executive Committee, Board