The New York Racing Association is filing paperwork stating its intent to sue the New York City Off Track Betting Corporation for undercutting simulcasting fees, the latest in a long line of tussles between the two influential industry groups.
New York City Mayor Michael Bloomberg has named Ray Casey, who directed the city's Trade Waste Commission, to head New York City Off-Track Betting Corp., the New York Post reported Feb. 21. Bloomberg also said the city wouldn't sell the betting corporation, at least for now.
Most Popular Stories
- Eight Stakes Elevated in Status for 2014
- What was the Top Race of 2013?
- NY Trainer Hits World Stage in Hong Kong
- Saturday Plays from Betfair Hollywood Park
- Rise Up Scores for Late Sire Rockport Harbor
- Turfway Cancels Card Because of Weather
- Silver Returns to New York Racing Association
- BloodHorse.com Has a New Look
- Chasing Landaluce
- Equine Sector Helps Boost KY Ag Receipts