The New York Racing Association is filing paperwork stating its intent to sue the New York City Off Track Betting Corporation for undercutting simulcasting fees, the latest in a long line of tussles between the two influential industry groups.
New York City Mayor Michael Bloomberg has named Ray Casey, who directed the city's Trade Waste Commission, to head New York City Off-Track Betting Corp., the New York Post reported Feb. 21. Bloomberg also said the city wouldn't sell the betting corporation, at least for now.
Most Popular Stories
- Favored American Pharoah Wins Kentucky Derby
- Preakness Could Be Rematch for Derby Top 3
- Longtime Owner/Breeder Miles Dies at 85
- Kentucky Derby Wrap
- Able Friend Wins Champions Mile in Easy Romp
- Derby Overnight Rating Highest Since 1992
- Gold Ship Sails to Breakthrough Tenno Sho Win
- Kentucky Derby: Carrots for American Pharoah
- 2015 Kentucky Derby Race Sequence
- Baffert: Derby Win 'Was a Big Sigh of Relief'