Two allowance events on the Feb. 15 and 16 Gulfstream Park cards feature some of racing's familiar names, with Pants On Fire taking on milers Feb. 15 and Capo Bastone making his first start since the Breeders' Cup Juvenile.
Trainer Doug O'Neill said June 5 that he was holding off on relocating I'll Have Another to the barn set aside for Belmont Stakes (gr. I) horses at Belmont Park and that the move would now be made June 6.
With the rain having moved out of the New York area, the June 3 work tab at Belmont Park was busy, with five contenders for the Belmont Stakes (gr. I) putting in their final workouts.
With the main track listed as sloppy following overnight rain, no Belmont Stakes (gr. I) contender worked out at Belmont Park June 2. Instead, the majority of the field will have their final breezes the following morning.
Following a seven-furlong work in 1:28 1/5 over a fast track at Calder Sunday morning, trainer Manny Azpurua confirmed that Korina Stable's Ravelo's Boy will contest the Belmont Stakes.
With a steady rain falling, dual classic winner I'll Have Another galloped a mile at Belmont Park May 25 as he continued to prepare for attempt at history in the June 9 Belmont Stakes (gr. I).
Three of the top four finishers of last month's Sam Davis are back for the $350,000 Tampa Bay Derby (gr. II), but it's a Todd Pletcher trained horse--go figure--making his stakes debut who will likely be favored.
Battle Hardened, given a patient ride by Julien Leparoux, earned the first win of his career when he defeated a big field in the $200,000 Sam F. Davis Stakes (gr. III) at Tampa Bay Downs.
Most Popular Stories
- Lord Nelson Nabs Texas Red in San Vicente
- Maryland Positives for Compounded Drug Found
- Pletcher's Donn Quartet Breeze at Palm Beach
- Hard to Stay Notgo Romps in Franklin Square
- California Chrome Works, Set for San Antonio
- California Chrome Picks Up Cal-Bred Awards
- Take Charge Brandi On Oaks Path, Lukas Says
- Hoppertunity Confirmed for San Antonio Start
- California Chrome Works February 1, 2015
- Callback Rings Up Victory in Las Virgenes