Longshot 2012 Louisiana Derby (gr. II) winner Hero of Order will enter stud in 2014 at Gennadi and Irina Dorochenko's Raut Farm near Paris, Ky., for a $3,000 fee.
Strong numbers from first three sessions of Keeneland January will assure improved total sales and average price compared with last year's totals, but the five-day sale saw a slight drop in session four.
Hero of Order, the 109-1 winner of the Louisiana Derby (gr. II) April 1 at Fair Grounds, has joined the probable cast for Saturday's 88th running of the $750,000 Toyota Blue Grass Stakes (gr. II) at Keeneland.
In 2010 the Keeneland September yearling sale in Lexington had 14 sessions. In the 11th, cataloged as Hip No. 3474, was Hero of Order.
Most Popular Stories
- Gulfstream Race is 'No Contest' After Spill
- After the Wire: Rebel Stakes
- Stormy Lucy Ends Graded Drought in Santa Ana
- California Chrome 'Wait and See' for SA Derby
- Rebel Rematch Expected in Arkansas Derby
- Likely Entrants for World Cup Card Released
- Hoppertunity Stays Up in Roughshod Rebel
- KY-Bred Lideris Wins Latinoamericana in Peru
- Featured Horse Profile: Close Hatches
- Apprentice Courtney Hernandez Gets First Win