Longshot 2012 Louisiana Derby (gr. II) winner Hero of Order will enter stud in 2014 at Gennadi and Irina Dorochenko's Raut Farm near Paris, Ky., for a $3,000 fee.
Strong numbers from first three sessions of Keeneland January will assure improved total sales and average price compared with last year's totals, but the five-day sale saw a slight drop in session four.
Hero of Order, the 109-1 winner of the Louisiana Derby (gr. II) April 1 at Fair Grounds, has joined the probable cast for Saturday's 88th running of the $750,000 Toyota Blue Grass Stakes (gr. II) at Keeneland.
In 2010 the Keeneland September yearling sale in Lexington had 14 sessions. In the 11th, cataloged as Hip No. 3474, was Hero of Order.
Most Popular Stories
- Del Mar Sets Plan to Solve Turf Course Issue
- Some Top Trainers Support Phasing Out Salix
- WV Hires New Lab; Purse Money Still in Limbo
- Indiana Sire Lantana Mob Gets First Winner
- Champion She's a Tiger Retired
- Tumor Side Effect Leads to Filly's Group I DQ
- Horse Returned, But Entry Clerk Out of a Job
- Bertha Wright of Calumet Dynasty Dies at 94
- Wise Dan Won't Run in Fourstardave
- Del Mar Once Again Shifting Races Off Turf