Faversham, the last full sibling to California Chrome, is scheduled to run for the first time June 16 at Santa Anita Park.
His usual self in his stall in Barn 2 at Gulfstream Park the morning of Jan. 29, two-time Horse of the Year California Chrome awaited a scheduled trip to Taylor Made Farm where he will begin his stallion career.
Trainer Art Sherman said California Chrome will train up to the Jan. 28 Pegasus World Cup (gr. I) at Gulfstream Park.
Arriving back at Santa Anita Oct. 30 around 11:45 a.m. local time after a smooth ride from Los Alamitos, the world's greatest racehorse soon powered down the ramp, ready for his Nov. 5 engagement as the Breeders' Cup Classic (gr. I) favorite.
California Chrome will begin another journey to the other side of the world Jan. 21, when he'll depart from his double-wide stall at Los Alamitos Race Course at 5 a.m. PT with Dubai in his sights.
Raul Rodriguez, California Chrome's Main Man: Out of the limelight yet playing a vital role, one man provides day-to-day hands-on care for 2014 Horse of the Year California Chrome. Watch Video
"There's a lot for them to consider, but when it comes to racing, the horse's fitness will not be a problem. It is much more down to the way the horse feels." -- Rae Guest on California Chrome.
Watch California Chrome leave his barn, load the truck, and head towards home after attempting a Triple Crown win in the Belmont Stakes. watch video
California Chrome, who will try to become the 12th Triple Crown winner in the Belmont Stakes (gr. I) on June 7, walked the shedrow May 19 in the Preakness stakes barn first with Alan Sherman and then with Raul Rodriguez.
Most Popular Stories
- Arrogate Breezes at Santa Anita
- Street Surrender, Roman Secure First Stakes Win
- Irap Gets Best of Girvin in Ohio Derby
- Crawdaddy Two-For-Two After NYSS Score
- Lady Eli, Cloud Computing Among Workers for Brown
- California Sire Benchmark Dead at 26
- 'Hermaphrodite' Reported Before Race at Santa Anita
- Satono Crown Surges to Victory in Takarazuka Kinen
- Collected Dominant Again in Precisionist Stakes
- Battle of Midway Cruises to Affirmed Victory