The sale saw 167 horses sell for 3,595,300 guineas ($6,049,452), at an average of 21,529 guineas ($36,224), and a median of 13,000 guineas ($21,874).
The Goffs Orby yearling sale ended its three-session run Sept. 29 in Ireland with a 3.4% increase from a year ago in its median price, a gross that remained about the same, and an increased clearance rate.
Indian Lodge left Ellinthorpe Stud under-manned when he missed last month's shuttle. Grand Lodge's exciting miler wasn't running late but a slightly elevated temperature caused veterinary surgeons to revoke his ticket out of Ireland.
Leading European first and second crop sire Charnwood Forest (Ire) has died after fracturing a leg at Rathbarry Stud in Ireland on Sunday.
Irish stallion Charnwood Forest was euthanized June 11 after breaking a leg while exercising at Liam Cashman's Rathbarry Stud in County Cork.
Most Popular Stories
- Racing's Stars Set for Santa Anita Saturday
- Texas Chrome Pointing to Dirt Mile
- Pinhooking Rookie Scores Big at Keeneland
- NBC Will Air Pegasus World Cup
- California Chrome Arrives at Santa Anita
- Pompa, Brown Connect on Dirt in Pa. Derby
- Songbird Untouchable in Cotillion
- Fasig-Tipton October Catalog Available
- Connect Bounces Back in Pennsylvania Derby
- The RNA Conundrum at Public Auctions