Dubawi had just the one representative in Book 2 of the Tattersalls October yearling sale, and demand for the sire's progeny remained high.
The sale saw 167 horses sell for 3,595,300 guineas ($6,049,452), at an average of 21,529 guineas ($36,224), and a median of 13,000 guineas ($21,874).
The Goffs Orby yearling sale ended its three-session run Sept. 29 in Ireland with a 3.4% increase from a year ago in its median price, a gross that remained about the same, and an increased clearance rate.
Indian Lodge left Ellinthorpe Stud under-manned when he missed last month's shuttle. Grand Lodge's exciting miler wasn't running late but a slightly elevated temperature caused veterinary surgeons to revoke his ticket out of Ireland.
Leading European first and second crop sire Charnwood Forest (Ire) has died after fracturing a leg at Rathbarry Stud in Ireland on Sunday.
Irish stallion Charnwood Forest was euthanized June 11 after breaking a leg while exercising at Liam Cashman's Rathbarry Stud in County Cork.
Most Popular Stories
- Multiple Grade 1 Winner I'm a Chatterbox Retired
- Private Zone Retired to Old Friends
- Derby, Oaks Notes, from Churchill Downs, April 25
- Steve Haskin's Derby Dozen - April 25, 2017
- McCraken Finishes Strong in Five-Furlong Move
- Three Chimneys Strikes Early for Orb Colt at $685,000
- Romans Mulling Rider Options for J Boys Echo
- Creative Cause Filly Sells for $575,000
- Orb Colt Grew Up, Brought $685,000 at OBS
- OBS April First Session Soars