The sale saw 167 horses sell for 3,595,300 guineas ($6,049,452), at an average of 21,529 guineas ($36,224), and a median of 13,000 guineas ($21,874).
The Goffs Orby yearling sale ended its three-session run Sept. 29 in Ireland with a 3.4% increase from a year ago in its median price, a gross that remained about the same, and an increased clearance rate.
Indian Lodge left Ellinthorpe Stud under-manned when he missed last month's shuttle. Grand Lodge's exciting miler wasn't running late but a slightly elevated temperature caused veterinary surgeons to revoke his ticket out of Ireland.
Leading European first and second crop sire Charnwood Forest (Ire) has died after fracturing a leg at Rathbarry Stud in Ireland on Sunday.
Irish stallion Charnwood Forest was euthanized June 11 after breaking a leg while exercising at Liam Cashman's Rathbarry Stud in County Cork.
Most Popular Stories
- Prominent Sire Beau Genius Dies at 29
- Bayern Wires Haskell; Favored Untapable 5th
- Grade II Winners to Battle in WV Derby
- 'The Chief' in Florida Rather Than Saratoga
- R Free Roll Leads the Way in Honorable Miss
- Wilkins to Direct Calumet Stallion Division
- Travers or Pennsylvania Derby Next for Bayern
- No Worries for Paquette in First Race Call
- Emperors Palace 2YO Sale Set for August
- Catalano's Daughter Reports Progress