The sale saw 167 horses sell for 3,595,300 guineas ($6,049,452), at an average of 21,529 guineas ($36,224), and a median of 13,000 guineas ($21,874).
The Goffs Orby yearling sale ended its three-session run Sept. 29 in Ireland with a 3.4% increase from a year ago in its median price, a gross that remained about the same, and an increased clearance rate.
Indian Lodge left Ellinthorpe Stud under-manned when he missed last month's shuttle. Grand Lodge's exciting miler wasn't running late but a slightly elevated temperature caused veterinary surgeons to revoke his ticket out of Ireland.
Leading European first and second crop sire Charnwood Forest (Ire) has died after fracturing a leg at Rathbarry Stud in Ireland on Sunday.
Irish stallion Charnwood Forest was euthanized June 11 after breaking a leg while exercising at Liam Cashman's Rathbarry Stud in County Cork.
Most Popular Stories
- Kentucky Derby and Oaks Daily Updates
- Catching Up with Hansel
- Surgically Treating 'Kissing Spines' in the Standing Horse
- Aurelia's Belle Helps Owner Realize Dream
- California Chrome Boasts Strong Foundation
- Tapit Colt Leads Robust OBS Second Session
- Gulfstream-Calder Deal Could Be in Works
- Steve Haskin's Derby Dozen 4/21/2014
- Afternoon With the Regal Rosalind
- Claiborne Farm to Sponsor Breeders' Futurity