A son of Kodiac lit up the first installment of Tattersalls October sale Book 3 Oct. 13, bringing a sale record of 200,000 guineas ($257,103), a figure that eclipsed the previous mark of 115,000 guineas ($147,835).
Irish-bred Moriarty prevailed in a tight finish in the Kingston Town Classic (Aus-I) Dec. 6 at Ascot Racecourse in Perth, besting Disposition and Elite Belle in Australia's final group I race of 2014.
The Goffs November foal sale got off to a roaring start in Ireland Nov. 15. The number sold and gross during the opening session were up 47% and 121.7% from a year ago.
The second session of the Goffs November foal sale on Wednesday in Ireland saw a top price of 46,000 euros (approximately $46,152) for a Trans Island -- Apple Brandy colt that was consigned by Rathasker Stud.
Most Popular Stories
- Louis Quatorze Dies of Heart Attack
- Broken Pelvis Cause of Charismatic's Death
- Horse of the Year Charismatic Dies
- Pierce Trains Tampa String for Sam-Son, Pin Oak
- Hong Kong Stars to Battle on Sunday at Sha Tin
- Finger Lakes Racing Dates Could Plummet Under Proposal
- Look Back: Master Derby Wins Louisiana Derby
- Arrogate 'His Usual Self' in Five-Furlong Move
- Uncontested to Skip Rebel Stakes
- Mind Your Biscuits Set for Gulfstream Park Sprint