A son of Kodiac lit up the first installment of Tattersalls October sale Book 3 Oct. 13, bringing a sale record of 200,000 guineas ($257,103), a figure that eclipsed the previous mark of 115,000 guineas ($147,835).
Irish-bred Moriarty prevailed in a tight finish in the Kingston Town Classic (Aus-I) Dec. 6 at Ascot Racecourse in Perth, besting Disposition and Elite Belle in Australia's final group I race of 2014.
The Goffs November foal sale got off to a roaring start in Ireland Nov. 15. The number sold and gross during the opening session were up 47% and 121.7% from a year ago.
The second session of the Goffs November foal sale on Wednesday in Ireland saw a top price of 46,000 euros (approximately $46,152) for a Trans Island -- Apple Brandy colt that was consigned by Rathasker Stud.
Most Popular Stories
- Cloud Computing Leaves Pimlico, Others Thinking Belmont
- Cloud Computing Wears Down Classic Empire in Preakness
- Agent Ryan Not Surprised by Cloud Computing's Win
- Trainer Richie Scherer Dies at Age 53
- Hips to Watch: Day 1 Fasig-Tipton Midlantic Sale
- Soul Stirring Frankel's First Classic Winner
- Preakness Wrapup: Clouds Got in the Way
- La Coronel Prepares for Royal Ascot Run
- Actress Announces Presence in Black-Eyed Susan
- Grizzel Edges Enstone in Selene Stakes