A seasoned and accomplished field of older females is set for the May 2 Churchill Distaff Turf Mile (gr. IIT) at Churchill Downs, in which graded stakes winners Ballymore Lady, Dawn After Dawn, and Elusive Lady appear to be in top form.
Heather Stark's Sky Mom, runner-up to talented filly Storm Mesa in her last two starts, seems primed to earn her first graded stakes score when facing seven rivals in the $100,000 Arlington Oaks (gr. III) Aug. 2 on the Polytrack.
Vastly improving with every start, Storm Mesa now faces her toughest competition to date and seeks the biggest payday of her career when she takes on nine rivals in the $200,000 Iowa Oaks (gr. III) June 27 at Prairie Meadows.
Country Star ships Wednesday; Leparoux aboard Absolutely Cindy; Rasierra supplements
Jockey E.T. Baird barely had time to change into a fresh pair of silks after riding Eclipse Award winner Dreaming of Anna to an impressive victory in Arlington Park's Pucker Up (gr. IIIT) before he was out on the lead aboard Dreaming of Liz in the $150,000 Arlington-Washington Lassie (gr. III).
Trainers Dale Romans and Steve Asmussen have each entered a pair of promising 2-year-old fillies in the $150,000 Arlington-Washington Lassie (gr. III) on the Arlington Park Polytrack Sept. 8.
Most Popular Stories
- Focused Hemsworth Entered in Curlin Stakes
- Stronach Group Explores Expansion into Massachusetts
- Accelerate Springs Stunning Upset as Arrogate Falters
- Baffert Still Aiming Arrogate for Pacific Classic
- Hard Aces Looks for Repeat in Cougar II
- Abel Tasman, Elate Exit CCA Oaks in Good Order
- Big World to be Offered at Fasig-Tipton November Sale
- Gutsy Move Gets Abel Tasman CCA Oaks Win
- Awesome Banner Posts Bullet Ahead of Vanderbilt
- Court Gives FL Breeders Right to Challenge Awards Plan