Philadelphia Park-based trainer Ramon Preciado seeks to add to his success in New York with Amber Note in Aqueduct's Rare Treat.
Sent off as the 4-5 favorite by the President's Day crowd of 5,049, Austin's Mom did not disappoint as the 4-year-old filly came from off the pace to win the $81,600 Rare Treat Handicap at Aqueduct.
Start with a hard-hitting New York-bred, who's been fast enough to win more than $775,000, making the last start of her career in a race she won last year. Add a six-year-old mare that earned $389,000 in 2000, chasing the likes of Beautiful Pleasure, Riboletta and Heritage of Gold and top it off with an improving four-year-old that has taken giant steps forward over the last few months, giving every indication she'll be a force in major New York stakes this year. And right there you have the makings of a Rare Treat -- or, specifically, Monday's President's Day feature at Aqueduct, the 29th running of the Rarae Treat.
Most Popular Stories
- Full Travers Field Awaits Exaggerator
- Tepin Back to Brilliant in Saratoga Work
- California Chrome Superior in Pacific Classic
- 'Cleopatra' in Gate Drill for Debutante
- Flatter Colt Tops OBS Select Yearling Session
- 'Chrome,' Beholder Weighing Options after PC
- Southern CA Tracks, TOC Have Dates Agreement
- Gran Villano is 75th Scat Daddy Stakes Winner
- Six Stakes Fill NY Showcase Day
- Songbird a Perfect 10 After Easy Alabama Win