Eighty-two Texas-breds were entered for Saturday's fifth annual Stars of Texas card at Lone Star Park. Dual stakes winner Goosey Moose was made the mild 3-1 morning line favorite for the $125,000 Assault Stakes, the centerpiece of six stakes events on the 10-race program.
Six-year-old Texas-bred Rare Cure collected his fifth career stakes win with a determined neck victory over odds-on favorite Pie N Burger in Saturday's $75,000 Bob Johnson Memorial Stakes at Lone Star Park in Grand Prairie, Texas.
One week after finishing eighth of 10 in the $250,000 Dallas Turf Cup, multiple stakes winner Rare Cure wheeled back to win Saturday's $100,000 Assault Stakes by three-quarters of a length over Agrivating General in front of 8,386 fans at Lone Star Park in Grand Prairie, Texas.
Fifty Stars is one of two Steve Asmussen trainees slated for the Gold Cup, while Dallas Keen and James Jackson try to replicate the 2000 win by Allen's Oop with Valhol.
Most Popular Stories
- Nyquist's BC Work Less Than Ideal
- California Chrome 'Fit' for BC After Work
- Breeders' Cup Pre-Entries Total 185
- Beholder, Frosted Drill at Santa Anita
- Living The Life Retired, Won't Run in BC
- Rachel Alexandra Breeder Morrison dies
- Charismatic Moving to Old Friends
- Getting Started on Breeders' Cup Handicapping
- Songbird Logs Final Breeze for Distaff
- Breeders' Cup Race Order, Wagering Options