Trainer Wally Dollase said that Iron County Farms' multiple grade III winner Bare Necessities will probably make her next start in the June 21 Vanity Handicap (gr. I) at Hollywood Park where she will face Horse of the Year Azeri, among others.
Belmont Stakes (gr. I) runner-up Ten Most Wanted will likely make his next start in the $400,000 Swaps Stakes (gr. I) on July 13 at Hollywood Park or the $1 million Haskell Invitational Handicap (gr. I) on Aug. 3 at Monmouth Park, trainer Wally Dollase said Wednesday.
Last year's longshot Belmont Stakes (gr. I) winner Sarava is being prepared for a probable start in this summer's Pacific Classic (gr. I) at Del Mar, trainer Bob Baffert said.
Al Eisman and Bill Currin's Belmont Stakes (gr. I) possibility Outta Here worked one mile in 1:43 4/5 handily around the dogs over Hollywood Park's firm turf Sunday morning. Currin, who trains the colt wasn't prepared to commit to running in Saturday's Triple Crown finale, however.
San Juan Capistrano Handicap (gr. IT) winner Passinetti will likely make his next start in the $350,000 Charles H. Whittingham Memorial Handicap (gr. IT) at Hollywood Park, trainer Ben Cecil said. The 7-year-old gelding worked five furlongs in 1:02 2/5 handily over the firm turf at Hollywood on Sunday.
Grade III winner September Secret has been retired, owner/trainer Mike Machowsky said, and will likely be bred this year. The 4-year-old daughter of Our Emblem finished fourth in the Genuine Risk Handicap (gr. II) at Belmont Park in her last start May 11.
Most Popular Stories
- Focused Hemsworth Entered in Curlin Stakes
- Stronach Group Explores Expansion into Massachusetts
- Accelerate Springs Stunning Upset as Arrogate Falters
- Baffert Still Aiming Arrogate for Pacific Classic
- Hard Aces Looks for Repeat in Cougar II
- Abel Tasman, Elate Exit CCA Oaks in Good Order
- Big World to be Offered at Fasig-Tipton November Sale
- Gutsy Move Gets Abel Tasman CCA Oaks Win
- Awesome Banner Posts Bullet Ahead of Vanderbilt
- Court Gives FL Breeders Right to Challenge Awards Plan