The WVRC Sept. 24 upheld a hearing examiner's recommendation that Randy Wehrman, the former racing secretary at Hollywood Casino at Charles Town Races, be barred from seeking an occupational permit for two years.
West Virginia racing stewards have suspended Randy Wehrman for two years because of integrity issues raised after the former Charles Town Races racing secretary received an alleged $700 loan from a local horseman.
The West Virginia Racing Commission has confirmed that Charles Town Races fired racing secretary Randy Wehrman Dec. 18.
Fred Seitz's Flashy Dresser generated a big buzz at Hollywood Casino at Charles Town Races April 14 when he overcame a difficult trip to win the $250,000 Robert Hilton Memorial Stakes for 3-year-olds with relative ease.
Preparations have begun, locally and elsewhere, for the $1-million Charles Town Classic in April.
Charles Town Races & Slots will offer purse incentives in certain races with seven or more starters effective June 6 in an effort to increase field size.
While preparations are being made for the 2007 celebration commemorating the 400th anniversary of the founding of Jamestown, Colonial Downs officials are looking forward to experiencing their own "new world" this summer when the Virginia racetrack opens for live racing June 16.
Randy Wehrman, stakes coordinator at Turfway Park in Northern Kentucky, will serve as racing secretary at Colonial Downs in Virginia for the 2006 season.
Most Popular Stories
- Baker Joins Three Chimneys as COO
- Slideshow: A Visit to WinStar Farm
- Eluisve Gold Surprises Cape Guineas Field
- Strapping Groom Much the Best in Gravesend
- Ken Ramsey on Kitten's Joy
- TimeformUS: The Hollywood Park Swan Song
- Santa Anita Reducing Takeout on Daily Double
- Stallion Monba Represented by First Winner
- Calder Releases 2014 Partial Stakes Schedule
- That Handicapping Show: Dania Beach Stakes