A West Virginia Circuit Court has reinstated the occupational permit of former Hollywood Casino at Charles Town Races racing secretery Randy Wehrman.
The WVRC Sept. 24 upheld a hearing examiner's recommendation that Randy Wehrman, the former racing secretary at Hollywood Casino at Charles Town Races, be barred from seeking an occupational permit for two years.
West Virginia racing stewards have suspended Randy Wehrman for two years because of integrity issues raised after the former Charles Town Races racing secretary received an alleged $700 loan from a local horseman.
The West Virginia Racing Commission has confirmed that Charles Town Races fired racing secretary Randy Wehrman Dec. 18.
Fred Seitz's Flashy Dresser generated a big buzz at Hollywood Casino at Charles Town Races April 14 when he overcame a difficult trip to win the $250,000 Robert Hilton Memorial Stakes for 3-year-olds with relative ease.
Preparations have begun, locally and elsewhere, for the $1-million Charles Town Classic in April.
Charles Town Races & Slots will offer purse incentives in certain races with seven or more starters effective June 6 in an effort to increase field size.
While preparations are being made for the 2007 celebration commemorating the 400th anniversary of the founding of Jamestown, Colonial Downs officials are looking forward to experiencing their own "new world" this summer when the Virginia racetrack opens for live racing June 16.
Randy Wehrman, stakes coordinator at Turfway Park in Northern Kentucky, will serve as racing secretary at Colonial Downs in Virginia for the 2006 season.
Most Popular Stories
- Chrome to Go for the Green in Hollywood Derby
- Blueskiesnrainbows Among 7 for Native Diver
- Secret Circle, Itsmyluckyday in Cigar Mile
- Churchill Proposes Derby Bet on Winning Sire
- Euros Inside and Out After Japan Cup Draw
- Cary Street Leads 11 in Hawthorne Gold Cup
- Derby Winners Have Enjoyed Turf Success
- Lord Nelson Could Rule Kentucky Jockey Club
- Speedy Cassatt Dusts Rivals in Zia Park Oaks
- Maryland Jockey Club Focus on Daily Product