Trainer Randy Morse's voice choked with emotion in his post-race interview following Street Strategy's victory in the Fifth Season Stakes for older horses Jan. 16 at Oaklawn Park.
Moonshine Mullin, headed at the top of the stretch, responded to the challenge to spurt clear late and register a 10-1 upset in the $552,500 Stephen Foster Handicap (gr. I) June 14 at Churchill Downs.
Champion Will Take Charge fizzled May 2 in the $342,000 Alysheba Stakes (gr. II) at Churchill Downs, as former claimer Moonshine Mullin took a rail-skimming trip to victory.
Kate's Main Man, third behind Win Willy in a stakes at Oaklawn Park last month, turned the tables on his rival with a front-running win in the $100,000 Essex Handicap under clear skies at Oaklawn Park Feb. 13.
Most Popular Stories
- Six Neglected Horses Cleared to Leave Farm
- Kentucky Neglect Case Under Investigation
- Tampa Bay Downs Ready for Summer Festival
- Thoroughbred Makeover Tickets Now for Sale
- What's Going On Here: Internal Forces
- PA House Panel Passes Breeding Fund Revisions
- No Horses Injured in Pennsylvania Barn Fire
- Rood & Riddle to Sponsor Breeders' Cup Draw
- Major Expansion Planned for Aqueduct Casino
- Cuomo Administration Fires Back at Criticism