Trainer Randy Morse's voice choked with emotion in his post-race interview following Street Strategy's victory in the Fifth Season Stakes for older horses Jan. 16 at Oaklawn Park.
Moonshine Mullin, headed at the top of the stretch, responded to the challenge to spurt clear late and register a 10-1 upset in the $552,500 Stephen Foster Handicap (gr. I) June 14 at Churchill Downs.
Champion Will Take Charge fizzled May 2 in the $342,000 Alysheba Stakes (gr. II) at Churchill Downs, as former claimer Moonshine Mullin took a rail-skimming trip to victory.
Kate's Main Man, third behind Win Willy in a stakes at Oaklawn Park last month, turned the tables on his rival with a front-running win in the $100,000 Essex Handicap under clear skies at Oaklawn Park Feb. 13.
Most Popular Stories
- Arrogate Headed to Dubai World Cup
- Five Share Fastest Time in Fasig-Tipton Sale Works
- Finger Lakes Horsemen Agree to Deal to Keep Track Open
- Conquest Mo Money Still Undefeated, Sunland Derby Next
- Girvin Upsets Risen Star Stakes
- Broken Pelvis Cause of Charismatic's Death
- Horse of the Year Charismatic Dies
- Finger Lakes Season Could be on Line at Feb. 27 Meeting
- Prominent Ohio Breeder George Smith Dies at 84
- Unique Bella Tops Roster of 109 Kentucky Oaks Nominees