Trainer Randy Morse's voice choked with emotion in his post-race interview following Street Strategy's victory in the Fifth Season Stakes for older horses Jan. 16 at Oaklawn Park.
Moonshine Mullin, headed at the top of the stretch, responded to the challenge to spurt clear late and register a 10-1 upset in the $552,500 Stephen Foster Handicap (gr. I) June 14 at Churchill Downs.
Champion Will Take Charge fizzled May 2 in the $342,000 Alysheba Stakes (gr. II) at Churchill Downs, as former claimer Moonshine Mullin took a rail-skimming trip to victory.
Kate's Main Man, third behind Win Willy in a stakes at Oaklawn Park last month, turned the tables on his rival with a front-running win in the $100,000 Essex Handicap under clear skies at Oaklawn Park Feb. 13.
Most Popular Stories
- Nyquist Out of Belmont Stakes with Fever
- Beholder Fires Bullet, Ready to Rumble
- Nyquist Spikes Fever; Did Not Ship to Belmont
- Derby Runner-Up Commanding Curve Retired
- Nyquist Improving; Exaggerator Jogs Two Miles
- Centeno Recovering in Florida After Spill
- Making the Grade: Exaggerator's Belmont Shot
- Woodward, Hancock to Racing Hall of Fame
- Court Order Has Preciado Racing Again at Parx
- Uncle Mo Filly Brings $1 Million at F-T Sale