Trainer Randy Morse's voice choked with emotion in his post-race interview following Street Strategy's victory in the Fifth Season Stakes for older horses Jan. 16 at Oaklawn Park.
Moonshine Mullin, headed at the top of the stretch, responded to the challenge to spurt clear late and register a 10-1 upset in the $552,500 Stephen Foster Handicap (gr. I) June 14 at Churchill Downs.
Champion Will Take Charge fizzled May 2 in the $342,000 Alysheba Stakes (gr. II) at Churchill Downs, as former claimer Moonshine Mullin took a rail-skimming trip to victory.
Kate's Main Man, third behind Win Willy in a stakes at Oaklawn Park last month, turned the tables on his rival with a front-running win in the $100,000 Essex Handicap under clear skies at Oaklawn Park Feb. 13.
Most Popular Stories
- Blue Grass, Wood Memorial Downgraded
- Doctor J Dub Breakthrough Horse for Antonucci
- Arrogate-'Chrome' Match Race in Pegasus?
- Arrogate Returns to Work Tab
- Anchor Down Retired to Gainesway
- Motion Hopes to Stay Hot in Matriarch
- Ellis Historical Racing to Exacta Systems
- Cathryn Sophia to Pioneerof the Nile in 2017
- V. E. Day Retired to Waldorf Farm
- 4 Kentucky Derby Contenders to Watch