Riders Randy Meier and Lyndie Wade were hospitalized with injuries sustained in a two-horse fall during the running of Hawthorne's third race on Nov. 30.
Mark Guidry, a Louisiana native who began riding in 1974 and has won more that 4,700 races, was selected the winner of the 2006 George Woolf Memorial Jockey Award by his fellow jockeys.
Randy Meier, the all-time leading rider at Chicago's Hawthorne Race Course, took off his remaining mounts on Saturday after he was injured in the starting gate prior to Arlington Park's second race.
Jockey Randy Meier broke his shoulder and a rib Monday at Hawthorne after his mount Demon Like bled and collapsed. Both jockey and horse are recovering.
Arlington Park invader Coach Jimi Lee surprised racing fans at Hoosier Park by taking the $100,000 Hoosier Juvenile Saturday at Hoosier Park.
Generous Rosi and McMahon are expected to vie for favoritism at Arlington Park Saturday when they head a field six named to the $50,000 Buckpasser Handicap.
Most Popular Stories
- Champion Producer My Flag Dies at Claiborne
- Blue Grass Runner-Up Medal Count Derby Bound
- Game On Dude Arrives for Charles Town Classic
- Haskin: Art Sherman, Dave Erb 'Swap' Stories
- Steve Haskin's Derby Dozen 4/14/2014
- 2014 Stallion Showcase
- 'A Not-To-Be-Missed Uptown Society Event'
- Fillies Sparkle in Furlong Drills at OBS
- Barretts May Sale Catalog Now Online
- Hamilton Joins Darby Dan Farm