In the wake of Robert Naify's death April 7, his wife, Jan Van de Bos Naify, said that she will continue with their racing operation, Ran Jan Racing.
Robert Naify, who with his wife, Jan Van de Bos Naify, races in the name of Ran Jan Racing, died April 7 at his home in San Francisco. He was 94.
Grade II winner Moulin de Mougin has been retired according to owners Jan Van de Bos and Robert Naify, who bred the mare and raced her in the name of their Ran Jan Racing.
Uzziel won't have to face off against standout recent opponents Beholder or Warren's Veneda in the $100,000 Wilshire Stakes (gr. IIIT) April 26 at Santa Anita Park, but the she will have to take on another familiar rival.
Ran Jan Racing excels ontrack and in aftercare. Download Now
There will be no Breeders' Cup Filly & Mare Turf (gr. IT) this year for Moulin de Mougin, winner of the John C. Mabee Stakes (gr. IIT), who is scheduled for a 60-day break to get over bone bruising suffered in a spill.
Moulin de Mougin secured the biggest win of her career and gave jockey Mike Smith a reason to celebrate his 49th birthday in the $250,000 John Mabee Stakes (gr. IIT) on the grass Aug. 10 at Del Mar.
Schiaparelli, winner of the July 6 Royal Heroine Mile (gr. IIT) at Betfair Hollywood Park, has been retired.
Favored Schiaparelli, making her first start around two turns, held on gamely in the $150,000 Royal Heroine Mile (gr. IIT) July 6 at Betfair Hollywood Park for her initial graded stakes score.
Stalking Quisisana took advantage of a heated pace duel to register her first stakes victory by a nose over streaking Dubai Majesty in the $200,000 Sunshine Millions Filly & Mare Sprint at Santa Anita Jan. 30.
Cambiocorsa, queen of Santa Anita's downhill turf course, extended her reign Wednesday to eight consecutive victories when she dominated Oak Tree's opening day feature, the $100,000 Sen. Ken Maddy Handicap (gr. IIIT).
Most Popular Stories
- Steve Haskin's Derby Dozen - April 25, 2017
- McCraken Finishes Strong in Five-Furlong Move
- Romans Mulling Rider Options for J Boys Echo
- Capps' Death is Big Loss to Louisville Equine Program
- Albarado Fractures Lower Leg, Off J Boys Echo in Derby
- Nichols Canyon Connections Pointing for Iroquois Bonus
- Spending Time With New Trainer Kent Sweezey
- Santa Anita Cancels April 27 Racing
- Goldikova, Espinoza Among Hall of Fame Inductees
- Reach the World Euthanized After Training Injury