Flawlessly is the second Harbor View Farm homebred elected into the Hall of Fame, joining Affirmed, the last winner of the Triple Crown.
Affluent ran down Janet in deep stretch and held off a fast-closing Golden Apples by a half-length to win the $400,000 John C. Mabee/Ramona Handicap at nine furlongs on the Del Mar turf course Saturday.
TVG will offer exclusive live network coverage of Saturday's $400,000 John C. Mabee/Ramona Handicap (gr. IT) and the $200,000 Bing Crosby Breeders' Cup Handicap (gr. II) from Del Mar Thoroughbred Club. On Sunday, TVG will have exclusive coverage of the Eddie Read Handicap (gr. IT).
Del Mar Thoroughbred Club will rename the Ramona Handicap in honor of the late John C. Mabee, a founding member, president, and chairman of the organization that operates the seaside racetrack.
Red Baron's Barn LLC's Janet utilized a ground-saving trip under jockey David Flores to earn a half-length win over 3-5 favorite Tranquility Lake in Saturday's $400,000 Ramona Handicap (gr. IT) at Del Mar.
Multiple graded-stakes winner Tranquility Lake will be the one to beat when the gates spring open for Saturday's 44th edition of the grade I, $400,000 Ramona Handicap at 1 1/8 miles on Del Mar's Jimmy Durante Turf Course.
Caffe Latte rallied through the stretch down the center of the Del Mar turf course to win Saturday's $400,000 Ramona Handicap (gr. IT) by 1 1/4 lengths over Tout Charmant in stakes record time of 1:47.16, just 2/5 of a second off the course record.
The original eight-horse field for Saturday's $400,000 Ramona Handicap (gr. IT) at Del Mar has been reduced to seven with the scratch of Juddmonte Farm's Spanish Fern.
Most Popular Stories
- Stradivari Sustains Career-Ending Injury
- Enola Gray Still Unbeaten After Del Mar Romp
- 7-Year-Old Gelding Wins First Start at Ellis
- Blame Angel Wins a Day After Trainer's Death
- Ancient Secret Scores in Lake George
- Sweet Loretta Powers to Schuylerville Win
- After 35 Years, Jockey Joe Steiner Retires
- Songbird Logs First Gallop at Saratoga
- McCarthy, Trainer of General Quarters, Dies
- Songbird Adds Star Power to Sunday's CCA Oaks