The 5-year-old Indian Charlie mare made short work of a short field in an off-the-turf edition of the $200,000 Buena Vista Stakes (G3T), closing from third and striding away to a 3 1/2-length victory.
After securing the first graded stakes win of her career in her previous start, Avenge will try a grade I stakes for the first time in the $300,000 Rodeo Drive Stakes (gr. IT) Oct. 1 at Santa Anita Park.
A field of nine 3-year-old fillies will seek their first graded stakes victory in the $100,000 Senorita Stakes (gr. IIIT) June 27 at Santa Anita Park.
A Little Bit Sassy tracked pacesetter Istanford into the homestretch and eventually pulled away to capture the $171,750 Edgewood Stakes May 2 on the turf at Churchill Downs.
Spellbound made trainer Richard Mandella's quick cross-country trip worthwhile when she came from far out of it to capture the $200,000 La Canada Stakes (gr. II) by a neck at 16-1 odds Jan. 19 at Santa Anita Park.
Rumor, with ties to the red-hot Claiborne Farm, will tackle heavy hitters Groupie Doll and Musical Romance in the Breeders' Cup Filly & Mare Sprint for trainer Richard Mandella.
Peter Willmott has been re-elected to another three-year term as chairman of TOBA's board of trustees.
Undefeated Witty, a half-sister to Dubai World Cup (UAE-I) winner Well Armed, scored her third lifetime win when she ran down favored Carlsbad in the $100,000 Railbird Stakes (gr. III) at Hollywood Park May 10.
Elusive Diva, a grade III winner on turf and dirt, provided a bright spot early in the Keeneland January horses of all ages sale in Lexington, bringing $825,000 as hip No. 9 Jan. 12.
Most Popular Stories
- Phipps, Gaines, Winn Named 2017 Pillars of the Turf
- Classic Empire to Coolmore on Retirement
- Leslie's Lady in Foal to American Pharoah
- Laurel Stakes Schedule Features $1.6 Million in Purses
- Curlin Colt Sets Midlantic Record at $1.5 Million
- Agent O'Neill Bullish on Stallion Orb
- Phipps Family to Receive Inaugural Dinny Phipps Award
- McCraken Back on Work Tab After Derby Disappointment
- Thunder Snow, Churchill Face Off in Irish 2,000 Guineas
- What's Going On Here: The Pay Off