Ralph Wilson Jr., who bred the spectacular winner of the 1991 Breeders' Cup Juvenile (gr. I) Arazi, has died at age 95. Wilson also campaigned Jim French and West Coast Scout.
Former Three Chimneys stallion Arazi is living out his first full year as a pensioner at Mike Becker's Independent Stallions in Victoria, Australia, Three Chimneys reported July 27.
Fabuleux Jane, granddam of international champion Arazi and dam of grade I turf winner Joyeux Danseur, died Aug. 18 at Graham J. Beck's Gainesway Farm near Lexington because of the infirmities of old age.
Most Popular Stories
- Horse of the Year Charismatic Dies
- Classic Empire Out of Fountain of Youth
- Epicharis Earns Japan's Kentucky Derby Bid
- Zakaroff 48-1 Stunner in El Camino Real Derby
- Lucky Pulpit, Sire of 'Chrome', Dies of a Heart Attack
- Mo Town Set for 3-Year-Old Debut in Risen Star
- Gold Dream Punches Ticket to BC Classic
- Royal Delta Half Brother Scores on Gulfstream Turf
- Terra Promessa Goes Gate to Wire in Bayakoa
- Curlin's Approval Stretches Out Handily in Royal Delta