The executive committee of the Washington Thoroughbred Breeders Association has hired Duane Belvoir to replace general manager Ralph Vacca, who is retiring after 46 years with the WTBA. Vacca has been the association's general manager since 1970.
Ralph Vacca is leaving the Washington Thoroughbred Breeders Association at the end of the year after more than 40 years of service.
The Washington Thoroughbred Breeders Association (WTBA) was trying to find new homes for 22 horses Wednesday that had been listed as sold during the organization's summer yearling sale the previous day.
Starlet of Seattle, a daughter of Slewdledo, brought the top price of $92,000 Tuesday during the Washington Thoroughbred Breeders Association (WTBA) summer yearling sale at Emerald Downs.
Playfair could open as soon as 2003; Andy Stronach interested in building turf track near Canadian border.
Most Popular Stories
- California Chrome Logs Work for 'Challenge'
- Half Dome Dude Sets Remington Track Record
- Arrogate-'Chrome' Match Race in Pegasus?
- Departing Retired to Claiborne Farm
- Blue Grass, Wood Memorial Downgraded
- Sandford, Owner of Take Charge Indy, Dies
- Cathryn Sophia to Pioneerof the Nile in 2017
- Arrogate Returns to Work Tab
- Gulfstream Set for Historic Championship Meet
- Jose Ortiz Rides Five Winners at Aqueduct