The executive committee of the Washington Thoroughbred Breeders Association has hired Duane Belvoir to replace general manager Ralph Vacca, who is retiring after 46 years with the WTBA. Vacca has been the association's general manager since 1970.
Ralph Vacca is leaving the Washington Thoroughbred Breeders Association at the end of the year after more than 40 years of service.
The Washington Thoroughbred Breeders Association (WTBA) was trying to find new homes for 22 horses Wednesday that had been listed as sold during the organization's summer yearling sale the previous day.
Starlet of Seattle, a daughter of Slewdledo, brought the top price of $92,000 Tuesday during the Washington Thoroughbred Breeders Association (WTBA) summer yearling sale at Emerald Downs.
Playfair could open as soon as 2003; Andy Stronach interested in building turf track near Canadian border.
Most Popular Stories
- Goldencents vs. Wise Dan Showdown Likely
- Will Wise Dan Triumph in the Bernard Baruch?
- Indiana Proposes Emergency Cobalt Threshold
- OBS August Yearling Sale Ends With Declines
- TimeformUS Weekend Plays: Woodward Stakes
- Deep Spinaway Cast for Durkin's Final Call
- Back on Dirt at Keeneland; New Track Opens
- Pleasantly Perfect to Taylor Made Stallions
- I Spent It, Competitve Edge Enter Hopeful
- Bandbox Retired to Northview Stallion Station