The executive committee of the Washington Thoroughbred Breeders Association has hired Duane Belvoir to replace general manager Ralph Vacca, who is retiring after 46 years with the WTBA. Vacca has been the association's general manager since 1970.
Ralph Vacca is leaving the Washington Thoroughbred Breeders Association at the end of the year after more than 40 years of service.
The Washington Thoroughbred Breeders Association (WTBA) was trying to find new homes for 22 horses Wednesday that had been listed as sold during the organization's summer yearling sale the previous day.
Starlet of Seattle, a daughter of Slewdledo, brought the top price of $92,000 Tuesday during the Washington Thoroughbred Breeders Association (WTBA) summer yearling sale at Emerald Downs.
Playfair could open as soon as 2003; Andy Stronach interested in building turf track near Canadian border.
Most Popular Stories
- Arrogate Last to First in Dubai World Cup
- Mind Your Biscuits Rises to Occasion in Golden Shaheen
- Thunder Snow Gets Up in UAE Derby
- Second Summer catches Sharp Azteca in Godolphin Mile
- Jack Hobbs, Vivlos Score on the Turf at Meydan
- Weekend Stakes Rundown: Dubai World Cup Night
- Arrogate Brings Baffert Back to World Cup
- Owner-Breeder Bertram Klein Dies
- Litfin at Large: Getting Handle on Dubai World Cup Card
- Arrogate Lands Post Nine For Dubai World Cup