Trainer Ralph Beckett enjoyed a one-two finish in the Investec Epsom Oaks (Eng-I) May 31 when his lightly regarded Talent closed furiously from near last to deny stablemate Secret Gesture in a 20-1 upset.
Waterway Run, trained by Ralph Beckett, is headed for the $1 million Breeders' Cup Juvenile Fillies Turf (gr. IT) after posting a half-length win in the Sahkee Oh So Sharp Stakes (Eng-III) at Newmarket Sept. 28.
Though champion Curlin may not have handled the synthetic racing surface as well as some of his European rivals did in the $5-million Breeders' Cup Classic (gr. I), Santa Anita Park's Pro-Ride racing surface performed safely during the two-day World Championships Oct. 24-25.
Richard Pegum's Muhannak got a dream trip under jockey Patrick Smullen to win the inaugural Breeders' Cup Marathon in track-record time at Santa Anita Park Oct. 25, second day of the Breeders' Cup World Championships.
There are two British-trained challengers in the Breeders' Cup Marathon, a new race this year over 1 1/2 miles on the main track at Santa Anita Oct. 25.
Look Here surged clear with two furlongs to go to spring a 33-1 surprise in the Juddmonte Oaks (Eng-I) at Epsom June 6.
Most Popular Stories
- Game On Dude, Won Three Big 'Caps, Retired
- Sherman Says 'Chrome' Looks as Good as Ever
- Top Filly Princess of Sylmar Retired
- California Chrome Draws Rail in PA Derby
- Big Gains Mark Keeneland Sale's Day 11
- Illinois Board Has Tough Call on 2015 Dates
- Undrafted Returns in Kentucky Downs Turf Dash
- Top Stallion Street Cry Dead at Age 16
- Pedigree Analysis: Inbreeding Trends
- Filly First Winner for Line of David